The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here's a pretty rare example of a very nice vintage guitar. Solid, carved, top and back with flamed maple visible through the walnut varnish. Full, pronounced, mahogany V neck profile with 1 3/4" nut width. 24.75" scale. Elevated fingerboard. Lots of zingy tone! Play wear extremely light for a guitar of this age. Would be perfect if not for a cleated 4" back crack. Guitar has just had a refret with Medium Jumbo Jescar 47104s and replacement Grover tuners. No additional holes drilled. Action is 2.5/32. Still a little room to lower the saddle. Other than the tuners and frets the guitar is completely original. There is a faded serial number in blue ink with red pencil suffix. I am the second owner outside of the family who bought it new. Call or text 575-613-0683

$2800 covers the guitar, nice case, shipping, and Paypal fees.

Additional photos from Reverb listing:

Gibson L-50 1937/8 - All Solid Carved Wood - Elevated | Reverb

Late 1930s Gibson L-50 - Elevated Fingerboard, All Solid Wood, Flamed Maple-img_2004-jpgLate 1930s Gibson L-50 - Elevated Fingerboard, All Solid Wood, Flamed Maple-img_2446-jpgLate 1930s Gibson L-50 - Elevated Fingerboard, All Solid Wood, Flamed Maple-img_2451-jpgLate 1930s Gibson L-50 - Elevated Fingerboard, All Solid Wood, Flamed Maple-img_2447-jpgLate 1930s Gibson L-50 - Elevated Fingerboard, All Solid Wood, Flamed Maple-img_2448-jpgLate 1930s Gibson L-50 - Elevated Fingerboard, All Solid Wood, Flamed Maple-img_2449-jpgLate 1930s Gibson L-50 - Elevated Fingerboard, All Solid Wood, Flamed Maple-img_2450-jpgLate 1930s Gibson L-50 - Elevated Fingerboard, All Solid Wood, Flamed Maple-img_2316-jpg
    Last edited by Rob W; 03-24-2024 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Phone number

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Not to nitpick, but unless the tuners were replaced after the photos were taken, those are Grover not Waverly tuners. There's a rather substantial difference in price between those two brands. I have those Grovers on one of my guitars and are perfectly good tuners, but a lot less expensive than Waverlys (whose price frankly rather baffles me).

Thanks for the note Cunamara! You can be as nit-picky as you want; no worries. You are absolutely correct and I appreciate you letting me know. I’ve changed that detail in the description!