The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

A very nice jazz box that isn't getting the time it deserves. Good condition with a few small dings. Some long finish checking that are common with these. No splits or cracks. Frets have plenty of life left. After market roller bridge installed but the original is included. Strap-locks. Original HSC. Detailed pics available on request.

Most of all this guitar plays and sounds phenomenal. $2300 shipped in CONUS.

Last edited by markb; 03-23-2024 at 06:38 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Love these!!! Hard to find and great instruments. Good luck with the sale.

User Info Menu

I might've owned that one back in the day - I think I put that little ding in the top near the tone knob - dropped a drafting scale on it.....sorry. Great guitars!!

User Info Menu

These guitars are really quite good. Top quality stuff and to me far exceeded many others like Sadowsky imports. I remember when they first came out and were at the NAMM show in Chicago early 80's. Tommy Tedescio and young Jimmy Bruno playing them in the booth. It certainly helps when you have their chops but the guitars are great.

User Info Menu

If someone is going to buy one, the one to get is one like this with the Schaller pickup. They have the best tone of all of them.

Cheers,
    Arnie..

bump w/price drop

User Info Menu

Oooh., that is nice.

User Info Menu

Does anyone happen to know what the fingerboard radius is on these Fender D'Aquistos? Would it be similar to what Mr. D'Aquisto used on his "regular" 16" guitars or did he customize that spec for all his individual customers, e.g., Jim Hall, James Emery, etc.?

Thanks for any input!

User Info Menu

On the older 80's models with the single Schaller pickup, the radius is 9.5"

Cheers,
    Arnie.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie65 View Post
    On the older 80's models with the single Schaller pickup, the radius is 9.5"

Cheers,
    Arnie.
    My '84 Elite (the one for sale) has a 9.5"-14" radius.

User Info Menu

0 Price drop* 1984 Fender Jimmy D'Aquisto Elite-img_5708-jpegThanks very much! The guitar I have is an Elite, laminate spruce top, single pickup, SN 910009, which I THINK places it toward the end of this run, probably 1991, and I THINK the Schaller pickup had by then been discontinued. Mine has a replacement humbucker, in any case, a Benedetto A6. Do you have any idea whether the fingerboard radius had changed (and become flatter) by 1990-91?

I'm not sure but I wouldn't think so.

User Info Menu

Bennedetto A6 is an excellent choice, that's what I would have used. I just saw Barry Greene playing with a trio here in Orlando, with a Benedetto Bravo that had an A6 pickup. The tone was "stellar" !!!!!

Cheers,
    Arnie..