The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I've decided to part with my Grimes after purchasing it last May from CR Guitars. It's a beautiful guitar with a spruce top and koa back and side and probably the nicest neck I've ever played. The Nouveau is featherweight, well balanced with incredible tone and volume. It's also in excellent shape given that it's 20 years old with no scratches or markings on the body. The only thing noticeable is on the headstock where there a couple of dings and some markings from the tuner change. The only reason I'm selling it is to finance another similar caliber archtop.
    I'm asking $8200 plus shipping and insurance.
    From the original listing: Steve Grimes Jazz Nouveau - CR Guitars
    Attached Images Attached Images 2004 Grimes Jazz Nouveau-grimes-jazznouveau-03__large-jpg 2004 Grimes Jazz Nouveau-grimes-jazznouveau-01__large-jpg 2004 Grimes Jazz Nouveau-grimes-jazznouveau-04__large-jpg 2004 Grimes Jazz Nouveau-grimes-jazznouveau-06__large-jpg 2004 Grimes Jazz Nouveau-grimes-jazznouveau-10__small-jpg 2004 Grimes Jazz Nouveau-grimes-jazznouveau-13__large-jpg 2004 Grimes Jazz Nouveau-grimes-jazznouveau-19__small-jpg 2004 Grimes Jazz Nouveau-grimes-jazznouveau-20__large-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

GLTWS. Steve Grimes is one of the premier luthiers, underappreciated if you ask me. I'm sure it's everything you say it is.

I agree. He may be better known in the flattop world and it was hard to find a whole lot of information on his archtops. He’s been around a long time and had one of his builds in the Chinery collection.

User Info Menu

Wow, that's one of the best looking guitars i think I've ever seen.

User Info Menu

I think a lot of modern luthiers are making very questionable design choices. However I’ve always found Grimes to have very good aesthetic taste.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FourOnSix
    GLTWS. Steve Grimes is one of the premier luthiers, underappreciated if you ask me. I'm sure it's everything you say it is.
    Second that!

User Info Menu

I love Grimes guitars. Does this model have a flat back?

AKA

It has a flat koa back which contributes to its unique tone that has some of the qualities of a flattop’s bass response along with the treble resonance and dynamic range associated with an acoustic archtop. Great guitar and not an easy decision to sell it.