The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

For sale is a 2013 Gibson 1959 VOS ES-175D Reissue in excellent condition. The only cosmetic issues are the small ding near the input jack and the nitro lacquer wear on the treble side of the neck between the 5th and 9th frets (both pictured). It is currently setup with TI Jazz Swing 12's and the action is 2mm @12th fret. Playability is excellent and tuners, truss rod, electronics all function normally. Original case and COA included.

$4500

I can provide more if you would like to see something specific.

Local pickup only as I am not comfortable packing and shipping guitars. I live in the Denver, CO area and would be willing to drive to meet a serious inquiry. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images 2013 Gibson 1959 VOS ES-175D Reissue Vintage Sunburst-img_4027-jpg 2013 Gibson 1959 VOS ES-175D Reissue Vintage Sunburst-img_4028-jpg 2013 Gibson 1959 VOS ES-175D Reissue Vintage Sunburst-img_4035-jpg 2013 Gibson 1959 VOS ES-175D Reissue Vintage Sunburst-img_4036-jpg 2013 Gibson 1959 VOS ES-175D Reissue Vintage Sunburst-img_4029-jpg 2013 Gibson 1959 VOS ES-175D Reissue Vintage Sunburst-img_4030-jpg 2013 Gibson 1959 VOS ES-175D Reissue Vintage Sunburst-img_4031-jpg 2013 Gibson 1959 VOS ES-175D Reissue Vintage Sunburst-img_4034-jpeg 2013 Gibson 1959 VOS ES-175D Reissue Vintage Sunburst-img_4037-jpg 
    Last edited by Birddog; 03-07-2024 at 12:55 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

There was a question about fret wear so I added another photo. Although the frets aren't completely brand new, the wear is so minimal it was hard to capture it in a photo.

User Info Menu

Man, I have been looking for one of these. But I am 1000 miles from Denver.
    I understand your desire for local sale. Shipping and writing checks to people across country is a risk.

Anyway, you will sell it locally, I am sure. I have 1-pickup Blonde 59RI, and was thinking about a 2-pickup version.

Quote Originally Posted by PDeville View Post
    Man, I have been looking for one of these. But I am 1000 miles from Denver.
    I understand your desire for local sale. Shipping and writing checks to people across country is a risk.

Anyway, you will sell it locally, I am sure. I have 1-pickup Blonde 59RI, and was thinking about a 2-pickup version.
    Thanks, it really is a great guitar with a cool vintage vibe. I recently found an L4CES I couldn’t say no to, so in order to keep my wife happy the ES-175 has to go.

As for the local sale, I know I’m seriously limiting my market, but if you saw my FedEx driver in action I think you’d understand. I’m not sure the guitar would make it to his truck without being damaged. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

FedEx = this !

2013 Gibson 1959 VOS ES-175D Reissue Vintage Sunburst-img_0412-jpeg2013 Gibson 1959 VOS ES-175D Reissue Vintage Sunburst-img_0411-jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k View Post
    FedEx = this !

2013 Gibson 1959 VOS ES-175D Reissue Vintage Sunburst-img_0412-jpeg2013 Gibson 1959 VOS ES-175D Reissue Vintage Sunburst-img_0411-jpeg
    Vinny,
    Man I’m so sorry you had to deal with this. I saw these pics in another thread and it literally made me queasy. Photos like these are the reason I decided not to ship my guitar and I appreciate you sharing them.

I’m fortunate to be in a position where I can be patient. It may take a while, but it will sell.

User Info Menu

Beautiful git, birddog. My take on shipping is that the 5-ply Gibson hardshell case in the worst accessory to the crime of snapped headstocks. If the buyer be willing to buy a Reunion Blues Voyager gigbag, the guitar will be very safe to ship. The Gibson hardshell case could be shipped separately at extra shipping expense to the buyer, if he/she so wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Beautiful git, birddog. My take on shipping is that the 5-ply Gibson hardshell case in the worst accessory to the crime of snapped headstocks. If the buyer be willing to buy a Reunion Blues Voyager gigbag, the guitar will be very safe to ship. The Gibson hardshell case could be shipped separately at extra shipping expense to the buyer, if he/she so wishes.
    Jabbs,
    Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn’t heard about the Reunion Blues bags. They look really nice. I’m open to this idea, but also afraid the cost of the bag + shipping might push the cost above what someone would be willing to pay.

At the risk of derailing my original post I want to say thanks for all of your contributions to this forum. I joined 9 years ago and several members here, including the late Patrick Amato and yourself graciously helped me through a stressful situation with a custom build Heritage Eagle. I don’t post often, but I’m on these forums more than I would like to admit and the wealth of knowledge here is amazing. Thank you.

User Info Menu

Patrick Amato is sorely missed. Big personality.

Bump

Bump

User Info Menu

What a nice guitar! Somebody in the Denver vicinity should snatch this one up!!!

The guitar has been sold.