The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

In its Cedar Creek dye-bleed coffin for 10 years now...

Gibson Custom Shop Crimson Division Citation Honey Burst 2014 | Reverb

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

$30K plus tax.....ouch

User Info Menu

Whooooweee! Maybe I should consider cashing in my Citation. That is a lot of money...

Tony

User Info Menu

Beautiful and great neck profile, but I don't need $23000 worth of bling for a johnny smith/legrand.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tomvwash
    In its Cedar Creek dye-bleed coffin for 10 years now...

Gibson Custom Shop Crimson Division Citation Honey Burst 2014 | Reverb
    …and it has a “sound hole-mounted volume control”. Who could ask for anything more?

User Info Menu

I can't tell if there's lining bleed on the side/back binding or just a reflection.
    30K's quite a chunk of ching, I'd have a hard time ponying up that kinda cake for a guitar, let alone one that's not old and doesn’t have an Italian name on the headstock that starts w a D.

User Info Menu

Note how low the frets have been pleked. Gibson tends to plek too low.

User Info Menu

It is very pretty.

User Info Menu

The woods are gorgeous. Apparently volutes are an expensive option

User Info Menu

Is there any justification in the market for that asking price, or is that just someone’s fevered dream?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett
    Is there any justification in the market for that asking price, or is that just someone’s fevered dream?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Looking up Gibson Citation on reverb's price guide, there aren't enough transactions for them to provide any information. We have seen these go for the $15k - $20k range on those rare occasions when these do show up. My guess is that there will ultimately be a price drop or two before it sells, but who knows?

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tbeltrans
    Looking up Gibson Citation on reverb's price guide, there aren't enough transactions for them to provide any information. We have seen these go for the $15k - $20k range on those rare occasions when these do show up. My guess is that there will ultimately be a price drop or two before it sells, but who knows?

Tony
    I know this guitar is going to have bleed on it; same case, same color as my Super 400, same year. This one has been sitting it out in the case for 10 years now, for a longer time than my old blonde Super. BTW, I sold that Super locally and that buyer just sold it on Reverb, with no mention of the green bleed in the write up. And now it's re-listed, still no mention...

Gibson Super 400 Natural | Reverb

User Info Menu

Well agreed this beautiful guitar is probably overpriced. But given that many solid body vintage guitars command even higher prices?
    At least you’re getting some serious workmanship!

User Info Menu

New with warranty that guitar had a MAP of $22,500.
    I do believe one last Citation was built in 2016. A blonde I recall.

A Cameo for $11K is the way to go. Same guitar with a C instead of a G on the headstock.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    New with warranty that guitar had a MAP of $22,500.
    I do believe one last Citation was built in 2016. A blonde I recall.

A Cameo for $11K is the way to go. Same guitar with a C instead of a G on the headstock.
    If it can't be a Cameo--long wait-do you work backwards from there: Special; Deluxe; Standard?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tomvwash
    I know this guitar is going to have bleed on it; same case, same color as my Super 400, same year. This one has been sitting it out in the case for 10 years now, for a longer time than my old blonde Super. BTW, I sold that Super locally and that buyer just sold it on Reverb, with no mention of the green bleed in the write up. And now it's re-listed, still no mention...

Gibson Super 400 Natural | Reverb
    The S400 photos show a red interior - have they switched the case to reduce further bleed perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by joeUK
    The S400 photos show a red interior - have they switched the case to reduce further bleed perhaps?
    I forgot who sold me the red interior case on this forum, but I switched the case (the one pictured) for the local buyer when he purchased it. I was going to advise him on Reverb to mention the green, but staying out of the picture. I'm nearly certain he had it sold 10 days ago, and now it is re-listed.