The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It looks like a nice one, but the bidding sure is strange. Went from $900 to $15,000 in that last bid.
    Gibson Les Paul Modern Figured Cx Cobalt Burst Guitar 6 String | ShopGoodwill.com
    , 000 goodwill les paul-screenshot_20240224-110312_firefox-jpg, 000 goodwill les paul-screenshot_20240224-110341_firefox-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It’s fake! And I’m convinced shopgoodwill is some kind of tax scam. I don’t know how they realize the prices they claim to be realizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about that. But if its not some kind of glitch, the previous bid would have actually been $15k, then the next person outbid that by a dollar.

User Info Menu

I have no idea what’s going on there. That guitar is a counterfeit, not a Gibson.

Ah, I'm with you guys now. What gave it away? I thought it was interesting content for here.

User Info Menu

It's a Chibson!

User Info Menu

Split inlays in a rosewood fingerboard are... unusual for an LP Custom. What else guys?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    Split inlays in a rosewood fingerboard are... unusual for an LP Custom. What else guys?
    Headstock shaped wrong, headstock split diamond inlay too small and shape is off, serial number cut in after finishing (not pressed), control knob spacing wrong, metric bridge. Those are all typical Chibson things that are among the easiest to spot.

I haven't ever played a les paul, but now that you mention it, the knobs do look closer together. It ended, so it will be interesting to see if come back up.