The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

A lesser spotted Peerless Electra model in excellent condition. Thin bodied (2") 16-inch single cutaway archtop with a 25.5" scale length, in translucent orange colour scheme. Similar to some of the Gretsch models (eg 3161 Historic Series) that apparently Peerless were building before doing their own thing. Bought several years ago and only light home use since then. Lovely guitar, great neck and very playable but the two PAF style / filtertron pickups are not quite to my taste and I tend to gravitate to something a bit warmer sounding, so have decided to move this on.

When I bought it several years ago I was told that it is from 2007 and was among the first guitars offered under the Peerless name, that it had a solid spruce top and laminated maple back and sides. Has surprisingly decent natural acoustic sound for a thin bodied guitar, perfectly adequate for late night play - quiet but with a nice resonance all the same. Distinctive fret inlays. I have seen online that others say this is a laminate top model. I don't know if they were later switched to laminate tops or if I was misinformed when I purchased it. If anyone knows please do add to this thread.

Great condition. The pickguard has some strum lines and marks but generally it has been very well looked after. The original tailpiece snapped and I had it replaced professionally by a local guitar builder. Would consider this an upgrade. There is also a sound post in the case that apparently worked its way loose under its previous owner and was removed, with the effect of actually improving the acoustic properties while doing nothing to reduce the structural integrity. I have never thought it necessary to reinstall but it is in the case should anyone want to in the future. Comes with the original Peerless logo case which has some minor scuffs and marks but generally in good condition.

Please ask any questions or ask for more photos if needed. Asking £500. I am in Formby (North West England) and would prefer collection or local meet up, but can ship at buyer's expense if desired. Thanks for looking.

Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images Peerless Electra (UK)-img_20230901_165504-jpg Peerless Electra (UK)-img_20230901_165507-jpg Peerless Electra (UK)-img_20230901_165510-jpg Peerless Electra (UK)-img_20230901_165515-jpg Peerless Electra (UK)-img_20230901_165459-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Bump, £450?