The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 35 of 35

User Info Menu

Great pics!
    As a former classical guitarist, I appreciate the left leg thing; with the Performaxe and Neck-up systems, however, I prefer the right leg (with a similar "up" angle).

Rock on!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Great pics!
    As a former classical guitarist, I appreciate the left leg thing; with the Performaxe and Neck-up systems, however, I prefer the right leg (with a similar "up" angle).

Rock on!
    Longer neck with a 14th fret (or higher) body join gives you more frets accessible. It makes sense on the right leg. Nice thing about playing sitting down, it doesn't take much work to move it from one leg to another and some guitars of mine work nicely off the right, one I use off the left. When I'm using a guitar lift system, I'm very much aware of my body balance, arm and wrist positioning. I feel a lot better after practicing and I can play things I can't otherwise.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    It has arrived!
    Attachment 109393Attachment 109394

It will take time and experimentation to settle on which position and adjustments suit me best. Provisionally, I prefer the Performaxe on my left leg with a neck angled about this much.

The Performaxe is light but solid. It's well crafted.
    I am pleased.
    I worry about the guitar on the left leg if, like in the picture you posted, your shoulders are facing a different direction than your hips and legs. Practicing hours every day for years with your spine twisted seems like a bad idea.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    I worry about the guitar on the left leg if, like in the picture you posted, your shoulders are facing a different direction than your hips and legs. Practicing hours every day for years with your spine twisted seems like a bad idea.
    I see what you mean, Frank.
    For me, I wound up feeling an odd sensation in my left shoulder. Not a pain, more of an awareness, and the awareness was, "Gee, I seem to be reaching further than I should have to in order to reach the lower frets."

Today I'm trying the Performaxe on the other leg. The neck is not up as high but overall, this seems more comfortable.
    It may take a few days or a week to sort out what suits me best.

Performaxe Guitar Rest-right-leg-posture-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    Longer neck with a 14th fret (or higher) body join gives you more frets accessible. It makes sense on the right leg. Nice thing about playing sitting down, it doesn't take much work to move it from one leg to another and some guitars of mine work nicely off the right, one I use off the left. When I'm using a guitar lift system, I'm very much aware of my body balance, arm and wrist positioning. I feel a lot better after practicing and I can play things I can't otherwise.

Excellent deduction. Great advice.

With that advice, I'm currently trying my longer neck guitars on my right leg at the moment, but with a high up neck.

Many thanks.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    Ha! Nope, already gone!

User Info Menu

Whoa! Yikes

User Info Menu

I have a Performaxe and like it very much. I wanted to get another, but they were out of stock and I purchased a NeckUp to try out.

Although I prefer the Performaxe, the NeckUp is also quite good and it’ll fold down into your case. it’s not fully rigid, meaning that if you move your leg a lot you might find it unstable. However I don’t have issues with it sliding down my leg.

User Info Menu

I got an email from Performaxe saying new ones are in stock now (or will be any day.)
    Since I now have one, I don't need to order one, but if you're interested, now's the time to contact them.

https://guitarscientist.com/performaxe/