The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

I thought I would see if there was any interest from any forum members before I place it on commission at a local shop, which would raise the price. I've had the guitar for a little over a year. Since I only play at home, I prefer my acoustic l5. The guitar is in great condition with some typical finish swirls. There is a light finish mark on each side of the nut where the previous owner hung the guitar on a guitar hook thingy... its a very light marking but wanted to mention it. It's not in "new" condition, but for 10-11 years old it is really nice. The case has a nick/small tear in one section... again, just letting you know if that is any issue.

2013 Gibson L5 CT Crimson Custom Shop
    $7000 net.
    Currently only local to middle TN area, though if someone a bit further wants it I may be able work something out to drive a bit to make the deal happen.

2013 Gibson L5 CT Crimson Custom Shop- 00-img_6440-jpg2013 Gibson L5 CT Crimson Custom Shop- 00-img_6433-jpg2013 Gibson L5 CT Crimson Custom Shop- 00-img_6438-jpg2013 Gibson L5 CT Crimson Custom Shop- 00-img_6436-jpg2013 Gibson L5 CT Crimson Custom Shop- 00-img_6437-jpg2013 Gibson L5 CT Crimson Custom Shop- 00-img_6435-jpg2013 Gibson L5 CT Crimson Custom Shop- 00-crimson-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

great Tiny Grimes Lp btw
    try 'Big Time Guitar' if you haven't heard it
    oh, and glwts....

User Info Menu

I’ve got a single pickup version of this guitar and can attest that they sound every bit as good as the full depth L5s.

User Info Menu

Stunning guitar. Excellent strap button position too.

User Info Menu

What’s the neck profile like in terms depth at 1st and 12th frets?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    What’s the neck profile like in terms depth at 1st and 12th frets?

Thanks!
    The pics show a "shapshot" of the measurement as the back of the neck is curved (of course) so just a slight tilt either way changes the measurements some. Take these measurements as approximates...

1st fret: approximately .85 inch
    12th fret: approximately 1.04 inches
    Attached Images Attached Images 2013 Gibson L5 CT Crimson Custom Shop- 00-img_6443-jpg 2013 Gibson L5 CT Crimson Custom Shop- 00-img_6444-jpg 
    Last edited by Steve Z; 02-18-2024 at 11:42 AM.

Weight... 7.2 -7.3 lbs. I measured several times... ranges between 7.1 - 7.3 pounds depending on which time I weight it. Appears my luggage scale is not calibrated nor relibility rated to scientific specifications.

Width at the nut is approximately 1.69-1.71 inches, again depending on how I was holding the calipers and trying to take a picture.
    12th fret width approximately 2.1 inches.

2013 Gibson L5 CT Crimson Custom Shop- 00-img_6446-jpg2013 Gibson L5 CT Crimson Custom Shop- 00-img_6447-jpg2013 Gibson L5 CT Crimson Custom Shop- 00-img_6448-jpg

User Info Menu

Great price and wise not to ship. GLWTS

User Info Menu

A real gem!

AKA

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Great price and wise not to ship. GLWTS
    Not to Vinny's...not until he changes his zip code.

User Info Menu

I love you, Vinny. I just can't help ribbing ya.

User Info Menu

Oh man I have always wanted this..... would have to send one out though unfortunately and I don't know what that would be

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie2
    Oh man I have always wanted this..... would have to send one out though unfortunately and I don't know what that would be
    Unfortunately I’m not planning on shipping the guitar. If things change I’ll let you know.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Z
    Unfortunately I’m not planning on shipping the guitar. If things change I’ll let you know.
    Oh no totally understand, that was not the problem. I would drive to TN for a guitar like this. I just don't have the funds without selling one and I don't know what I would part with.... I will let you know if that changes. GLWTS!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Z
    Very nice price for a very nice L5CT. I can well understand why you refuse to ship it. However, it is my opinion that the hardshell TKL case with the hard neck rest/string compartment is the problem. If the buyer is willing to buy and have it shipped in a Reunion Blues Voyager gigbag and the combination is packed in a double-box with 1- to 2-inch padding on all sides it should survive the process. The hardshell case could be shipped separately.

I chose to have two archtops shipped in the RB Voyager each. I had the hardshell cases shipped separately. I don't know why I bothered as they sit in my home unused, collecting dust. The RB gigbags are a lot more useable and protective.

User Info Menu

Glad I don't live within a daytrip drive!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    Glad I don't live within a daytrip drive!
    Amen to that