The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Asking $7650

I bought this new from Thunder Road Guitars Portland in early 2021. This is an unbelievably resonant and lightweight guitar with a very dynamic and clear tone. I can't believe how light it is every time I pick it up. And the ultra light ash body resonates under every note and chord. This is a really special guitar.

The relic is very light and tasteful, not arbitrary and over the top like some Fender Custom Shop work. I have owned maybe 50 vintage guitars from the 50s and earlier and I confidently state that Nacho achieves the most authentic aged look of any builder I've seen today.

Description:

• Early 50s style Spanish solid body Blackguard.
    • Body date is 10/30/52. Neck date is 10/30/50. Control Cavity tape reads Gloria 9/19/52.
    • Maple neck, 9.5" fret board radius with Medium 95/47 frets, early to mid 1950s style medium C profile neck, very comfortable to play and easy for string bending.
    • Neck Dimensions are 0.84"/0.925" depth at 1/12 fret; 1.67"/2.03" width at 1/12 fret.
    • This neck has a very authentic vintage feel and a very comfortable grip.
    • Very lightweight example at 2,70 Kg / 5 Pounds 15 Oz.
    • Early 50s Standard style bridge with brass saddles, serial number #0267 stamped on bridge plate.
    • Aged Butterscotch Blonde nitro lacquer finish on ash body with plenty of dings and wear marks mostly around the edges. Plenty of playing wear is present on fingerboard and back of neck.
    • Early 50s style hardware and vintage early 1950s Blackguard style pickups.
    • Neck pickup reads 7,01k ohms. Bridge pickup reads 8,33k ohms.

• Electronic configuration includes the powerful humbucking mode in the middle position: neck pickup + both pickups in series + bridge pickups all with tone control.
    • This guitar comes with a black phenolic resin pickguard which has been cut, laquered and aged to early 1950s standards
    • It comes with a rectangular tweed mid 50s style hard case (not aged).

Nachocaster-img_9628-jpgNachocaster-img_9624-jpgNachocaster-img_9583-jpgNachocaster-img_9578-jpgNachocaster-img_9590-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have played this guitar and it is superb. This is as close to a pre-CBS Telecaster as you will find.

GLWTS!

User Info Menu

Well, that is far and away the best relic job I have seen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    Well, that is far and away the best relic job I have seen.
    I was expecting much worse from the rant thread.

User Info Menu

After reading the rant-thread I felt the urge to express that -in my opinion- this is a pretty cool guitar!

User Info Menu

[QUOTE]Body date is 10/30/52. Neck date is 10/30/50.[/QUOTE]

Pardon my ignorance, but does this mean the neck and body were really built in the early 1950s, or that they are recent builds based on/copies of a 1950s guitar?

They are recent builds based on vintage examples. Nacho has taken apart numerous vintage telecasters and photographed/measured every detail. In this case it means that the body matches an example he has documented from that body date and the neck matches an example he documented from that neck date.

Here are some examples of the kinds of photos Nacho has produced while archiving vintage blackguards.

User Info Menu

Thanks, that’s impressive.

User Info Menu

I have a Nachocaster and it is hands down the best Tele I have ever owned! It doesn't get better than this IMO. GLWTS!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    After reading the rant-thread I felt the urge to express that -in my opinion- this is a pretty cool guitar!
    After re-reading the rant I wrote, I can understand how one could think I was writing about Omphos' cool Nacho guitar above... to be clear, I was not! It only inspired me to comment on the sometimes outrageous degree of relic-ing others have pursued. This is clearly a cool looking guitar and I'm sure plays and sounds great. My apologies for any misconstrued denigration of what is surely a nice instrument... but hey, maybe it created some sales traffic. At least some of you looked