The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 64
    A post 2000 Wes I sold on reverb yesterday. It was listed for “quick sale” at 6500. I assume it sold for that. It sold in 8 minutes!!! I was still looking at the pictures of the guitar.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Do you know what country it was in? There are frequently fraudulent listings like that where people list guitars way below market value but don't actually have the goods. Reverb usually detects and removes these within 24 hours.

Joe D, who is not a fraudster, sold some Wesmos for insanely good deals last week. If you don't have a wes and see one pop up for these kinds of prices you should jump on it. Use caution to ensure they're real and not too good to be true.

I was checking the sellers prior sales out and it sold. The seller was from California and looked totally legitimate.

User Info Menu

Attempted link won’t take you there. Seemed to be legit.

User Info Menu

Good looking instrument!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    Do you know what country it was in? There are frequently fraudulent listings like that where people list guitars way below market value but don't actually have the goods. Reverb usually detects and removes these within 24 hours.

Joe D, who is not a fraudster, sold some Wesmos for insanely good deals last week. If you don't have a wes and see one pop up for these kinds of prices you should jump on it. Use caution to ensure they're real and not too good to be true.
    And this is what happened to poor Joe.

Wesmo sale-img_0411-jpegWesmo sale-img_0412-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k

Wesmo sale-img_0411-jpegWesmo sale-img_0412-jpeg
    What the heck?!?!?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DMgolf66
    What the heck?!?!?
    This is not the one he just sold, is it?

User Info Menu

My condolences!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tomvwash
    Yup. Now the battle with FedEx begins

User Info Menu

Might sorry, Joe.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words:

Wesmo sale-trussrod1_web0-jpg

User Info Menu

Yup. Now the battle with FedEx begins
    Oh for crying out loud!!

User Info Menu

Thanks Guys, I never meant for this to become a big deal on the forum, but yeah, a very precious masterpiece of a guitar was damaged in shipping.
    I have faith that FedEx will own up to their mistake, come strong with the restitution and perhaps I can get the guitar back and have it fixed up.
    I am surprisingly calm about this. It will be a struggle to make up its monetary value, but it is the risk one takes when they ship something so valuable and seemingly so delicate. As Sam pointed out, the weakest point on these guitars is right there in the place where they tend to break, every time.
    In the big picture, this is nothing. We are in a good place right now and I cant let this bother me too much.
    Thanks again guys. Dont be sad for me guys, I have alot to be thankful for.
    Bottom line, this could happen and it does all the time. But in the end, its a guitar.
    JD

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Oh for crying out loud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sherry
    Might sorry, Joe.
    Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    My condolences!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvwash
    Quote Originally Posted by DMgolf66
    What the heck?!?!?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Thanks Guys, I never meant for this to become a big deal on the forum, but yeah, a very precious masterpiece of a guitar was damaged in shipping.
    I have faith that FedEx will own up to their mistake, come strong with the restitution and perhaps I can get the guitar back and have it fixed up.
    I am surprisingly calm about this. It will be a struggle to make up its monetary value, but it is the risk one takes when they ship something so valuable and seemingly so delicate. As Sam pointed out, the weakest point on these guitars is right there in the place where they tend to break, every time.
    In the big picture, this is nothing. We are in a good place right now and I cant let this bother me too much.
    Thanks again guys. Dont be sad for me guys, I have alot to be thankful for.
    Bottom line, this could happen and it does all the time. But in the end, its a guitar.
    JD
    Good attitude Joe, I guess it's too bad it wasn't the sunburst one, MC could make it invisible but if he does the work it should be close, at least it's a clean break and the veneer looks intact.
    Guess this'll be Boo Boo 2......

User Info Menu

So sorry Joe.

Che peccato.

User Info Menu

I would send it back to Gibson and let them do they work. They will and regardless of the cost it will be the best for the future.

User Info Menu

That’s a shame. Incredibly strange spot for a break assuming the guitar was shipped in its original hardshell!

Good luck with FedEx. Be prepared for multiple denials before your claim might be accepted.

Was it insured? Fed x does not sell or otherwise provide insurance but it might be covered under your or the buyers homeowners policy especially if you are paying extra to insure instruments.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prossi@cozen.com
    Was it insured? Fed x does not sell or otherwise provide insurance but it might be covered under your or the buyers homeowners policy especially if you are paying extra to insure instruments.
    Including "declared value amount" with FedEx or UPS does not mean that the instrument is actually insured?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    I would send it back to Gibson and let them do they work. They will and regardless of the cost it will be the best for the future.
    I have my LeGrand with them now for the infamous rim-refinish. They have been on top of it from day one, too early to say until the guitar makes its way back, but so far so good with Gibson Custom Repair.

User Info Menu

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping...red-value.html

Reading this, Fedex states that they cover either a repair cost or depreciated value, whichever is less. Getting reimbursed for a headstock repair on an L-5 will still amount to thousands of dollars lost in depreciation.

Some States have consumer protection laws that can still leave Fedex or any other shipper liable regardless of their fine print limitations.

An instrument insurance policy may or may not cover the depreciation in addition to the repair cost. Check the fine print if you have a stand alone instrument policy.

Bottom line? Shipping guitars is always a crap shoot. Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping...red-value.html

Reading this, Fedex states that they cover either a repair cost or depreciated value, whichever is less. Getting reimbursed for a headstock repair on an L-5 will still amount to thousands of dollars lost in depreciation.

Some States have consumer protection laws that can still leave Fedex or any other shipper liable regardless of their fine print limitations.

An instrument insurance policy may or may not cover the depreciation in addition to the repair cost. Check the fine print if you have a stand alone instrument policy.

Bottom line? Shipping guitars is always a crap shoot. Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya?
    Agreed. Is there anything to be said for Reverb shipping insurance? I have never had to use it, and they only cover up to 10K.

User Info Menu

Reverb insurance most likely will not pay for depreciation.

Stories like this make me glad I insured my whole stable with Heritage.

My heart goes out to Joe and Vinny. What a hassle. Joe I'm blown away by your levelheadedness. You're a model human.

User Info Menu

Oh my goodness, that is heartbreaking to see! And on an L5! I wish I still had mine, not that I'm hurting for guitars but still, my remaining 4 brown hairs would have turned white if that were mine.