The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    This in my opinion is a far better deal and could be had maybe for less. Don't know where you live but if you can drive it in a day that is best way to go. Elderlys is a decent place for sure.
    Gibson L-5 Archtop Acoustic Guitar (1937) – Elderly Instruments
    12.5K is way too much for a non cut sunburst 17" L-5 w/4 cracks including a long top one under the bridge
    just imo.....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    12.5K is way too much for a non cut sunburst 17" L-5 w/4 cracks including a long top one under the bridge
    just imo.....
    Agreed but maybe they would see fit to sell it for say $9500. Then I could live with it.

User Info Menu

Agreed but maybe they would see fit to sell it for say $9500. Then I could live with it.
    I doubt they're gonna shave 3K off a consignment guitar.
    I wouldn't even pay 8 for it, I recently found a friend a one owner '36 in superb condition for $7500, though I realize that's an outlier today

This in my opinion is a far better deal and could be had maybe for less. Don't know where you live but if you can drive it in a day that is best way to go. Elderlys is a decent place for sure.
    Gibson L-5 Archtop Acoustic Guitar (1937) – Elderly Instruments
    Interesting you should put that up. I've actually played that guitar a couple times. I'm going to elderly this Saturday to play a few other things. I'm about an hour away.

For what it's worth, I didn't care for it too much. I think my '36 L10 sounds better comparing the two advanced 17-in.