The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I’m offering for sale or trade my 1988 Guild X-170 Blonde. I had it listed in the fall but then got cold feet. It's a terrific instrument.
    I would much prefer a sale, but will listen to trade offers for a quality semi hollow (Es-335 type), T-style, or high end amplifier that has great (Fender) clean tone (Louis Electric, Carr, Tone King etc.
    Made in Westerly, Rhode Island (serial number HL100352), the guitar is in very good condition for a thirty-five-year-old instrument. I've enjoyed owning the guitar the past five years. It's very versatile. It has only been played at home in a smoke free environment.

As you might expect on a thirty-five-year-old guitar, there's some tarnishing on the hardware, a few small cracks on the neck binding, and a few marks on the pick guard. There's nothing that affects playability. The previous owner told me that the guitar is original except for a new nut that he had professionally installed. I haven't had any issues with tuning or intonation, and the frets are in good shape. Excellent sounding original HB pickups.
    It was set up over the summer at Noll Guitars (Providence, RI area) with 11 flat wound chromes. plays great. No issues. It comes from a smoke free environment.

The Guild case that came with the guitar was not original and was not the correct size. The guitar now comes with a Reunion Blues Continental Voyager semi-hollow case that currently lists for $249.95. It's a high-quality case that offers excellent protection. RB Continental Voyager Semi/Hollow Body Electric Guitar Case – Reunion Blues Gig Bags.

http://support.guildguitars.com/down...gyourguild.pdf

NB the video above is an example of a 1988 Guild X-170. It's the same model but not the guitar being sold. I wish I could play that well!

Specs: Guild X170 Manhattan - Westerly Guild Guitars: Body size at lower bout: 16 1/2" Scale length: 24 3/4" Nut width: 1 10/16" Body Depth: 2 1/2" Materials: Arched slab-cut tiger flame maple top, back and sides; solid maple neck with mahogany stripes; rosewood fingerboard with block inlay; 3-ply body binding, bound fingerboard; Chesterfield peghead inlay.
    Its currently set up with a Tune-O-Matic style bridge. The original wood bridge is included. I will gladly send some photos of the guitar as it's currently set up with the Tune-O-Matic style bridge.

$1700 (US $) shipped and insured to the continental United States. $1625 for a local sale in RI. Trade vale value $1800.
    Please note that I will not ship outside the continental United States. I have 100% feedback on The Gear Page (Rired) and Reverb (Dave's Quality Guitar Gear).
    I'm happy to send a few more photos upon request. Please let me know if you have any questions. I've done my best to describe the guitar.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1988 Guild X-170 Blonde-guild-x-170-serial-number-tuning-gears-jpg 1988 Guild X-170 Blonde-guild-x-170-back-jpg 1988 Guild X-170 Blonde-unknown-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary