The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow, local place has two Sadowsky's for sale! A Jim Hall and an LS-15! [No affiliation/experience with them - they just pop up on my Rev feed!]

Enjoy!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Ask first if they were imported from Japan by someone else or originally sold by Roger Sadowsky. Because Roger disowns those Sadowskies not bought from him. Going by Bora Blue Burst JH, a colour only offered in Japan and not by Roger, if I am not mistaken, odds are they are parallel imports. And if they are parallel imports then don't pay US-based prices for them. They are significantly cheaper in Japan brand new.

That said, service by Roger Sadowsky may not be important to the buyer. The impact is on resale value.

User Info Menu

??????????????????

This brand new SS15 is only 500K JPY. That is $3374 by spot interbank JPY-USD exchange rate.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 01-28-2024 at 12:21 PM.

User Info Menu

The Japanese market won't pay Made in America Benedetto prices for Made in Japan guitars even when they are labelled Sadowsky after an American. It was the same deal with the Made in Japan Aria D'Aquisto guitars in the 1990s. Jimmy "advised" Aria but Jimmy did not import them to be sold by him out of his shop with a D'Aquisto "tariff". Why are Americans being made to pay these Made in America prices on Made in Japan guitars? Is there a trade tariff on Japan of which I am not aware? As for my European friends, buy from Japan directly, not from the USA. Same guitars, hugely different prices. Sorry, Japan-direct ones are not breathed upon by Roger Sadowsky in Queens, if that is important to you.

User Info Menu

Sorry, Marc. I crashed your PSA. I don't have a lot of money so I tend to watch out for those in my shoes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Sorry, Marc. I crashed your PSA. I don't have a lot of money so I tend to watch out for those in my shoes.
    Cool, this is great info - thanks!

User Info Menu

That Aqua Blue Sadowsky is gorgeous!

User Info Menu

Great guitars, however not worth that kind of money IMO. The japanese (Sadowsky) electrics, archtops, and basses are worth and sold for a lot less...

Cheers,
    Arnie..