The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

Ok folks, I'm still looking to find a16" archtop with a neck that is big enough to be comfortable and this one is close but not quite there. It plays and sounds fine but the neck is a bit thin for me. Zero fret wear and only minor dings here and there, It is a 2018 as far as I can tell. Has the OHSC too. $1700 plus shipping. Thanks. BobEastman T146SM PRICE DROP!-img_7311-jpgEastman T146SM PRICE DROP!-img_7319-jpgEastman T146SM PRICE DROP!-img_7313-jpgEastman T146SM PRICE DROP!-img_7317-jpgEastman T146SM PRICE DROP!-img_7316-jpgEastman T146SM PRICE DROP!-img_7315-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Eastman T146SM PRICE DROP!-img_7318-jpg Eastman T146SM PRICE DROP!-img_7314-jpg Eastman T146SM PRICE DROP!-img_7312-jpg 
    Last edited by Top of the Arch!; 03-11-2024 at 09:19 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

You can get a nice custom archtop made by Mr. Wu, who used to be the head carver at Eastman, for 2-2500. He will make it exactly to your specifications so if you know the measurements of the neck that you want it should be pretty easy. You can do this through Yolandateam and they have good personal customer service. I have corresponded with them personally and was impressed. They also source from another maker for about a grand less, but if you have the money i think the extra charge is worth it for a Wu guitar. If you private message me i can even give you her direct email, or just inquire about one of their instruments and she will respond quickly. The models/pics are just examples, they will make whatever you want. Best of luck.

User Info Menu

I own the 2 pickup version, in blonde. Most versatile, comfortable guitar I have. Mine was all dinged up when I got it, which makes it even better as a gigging guitar. Give me a clean fretboard, don't care about the rest. Just played a show with it tonight. Highly recommended.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzDaddyD
    I own the 2 pickup version, in blonde. Most versatile, comfortable guitar I have. Mine was all dinged up when I got it, which makes it even better as a gigging guitar. Give me a clean fretboard, don't care about the rest. Just played a show with it tonight. Highly recommended.
    I second this.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nezahualcoyotl
    You can get a nice custom archtop made by Mr. Wu, who used to be the head carver at Eastman, for 2-2500. He will make it exactly to your specifications so if you know the measurements of the neck that you want it should be pretty easy. You can do this through Yolandateam and they have good personal customer service. I have corresponded with them personally and was impressed. They also source from another maker for about a grand less, but if you have the money i think the extra charge is worth it for a Wu guitar. If you private message me i can even give you her direct email, or just inquire about one of their instruments and she will respond quickly. The models/pics are just examples, they will make whatever you want. Best of luck.
    I'm not looking for a custom build. Thanks. B

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzy
    I second this.
    Yes, the guitar is stellar play and sound wise but the neck leaves much to be desired for me. I need a fairly big neck like the one on my El Rey 1 and AR403CE , this neck is close but no cigar. B

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Top of the Arch!
    Yes, the guitar is stellar play and sound wise but the neck leaves much to be desired for me. I need a fairly big neck like the one on my El Rey 1 and AR403CE , this neck is close but no cigar. B
    For me the neck is almost perfect.

User Info Menu

I agree it has a nice profile and I'm sure it's perfect for you and at one time it would have been perfect for me also. It seems every so many years I need to change neck size. I have been looking for about 6 months and nothing yet. Just a matter of time I hope. B

User Info Menu

Any interest at $1800 + shipping? Bob
    Last edited by Top of the Arch!; 02-02-2024 at 01:21 PM.

User Info Menu

How about $1700 plus shipping?

User Info Menu

Those are very nice guitars, and I regret selling my T145, which is only different in being an inch smaller in body width. But I have a Wu in this style, so I just can't justify buying this one. A 16" carved top thinline is just about my ideal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Those are very nice guitars, and I regret selling my T145, which is only different in being an inch smaller in body width. But I have a Wu in this style, so I just can't justify buying this one. A 16" carved top thinline is just about my ideal.
    I hear that, the smaller body really works for me. I have a line on a 16" archtop and if I can move this one by Monday, I'll be buying it. Just need to sell this one first. Bob

User Info Menu

Might be helpful to clarify "minor dings here and there".
    These are nice guitars, I have one myself.
    The knobs on mine are different, are these original?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NervousNrG
    Might be helpful to clarify "minor dings here and there"...
    Agreed. When a seller acknowledges "minor dings", it's helpful to include close-up photos to show how "minor" the blemishes are. GLWTS.

User Info Menu

The first two pics. are of three tiny dings that may be from the factory as there are no scratches just small indents, only one would show up in the pics. that's the one circled ,the other two are in the area roughly outlined right next to it. The other tiny ding is right by the knob, it is circled, again "tiny" also. The light has to be just right to see any of these. If anyone needs more pics. just let me know. Thanks. Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images Eastman T146SM PRICE DROP!-img_7334-jpg Eastman T146SM PRICE DROP!-img_7331-jpg Eastman T146SM PRICE DROP!-img_7333-jpg