Visit the Reverb listing here: Peerless Martin Taylor Maestro 2018 - Sunburst | Reverb

A few years back I purchased this guitar from a big Martin Taylor fan who was unable to play anymore. The small form factor, acoustic sound, and sheer style of it is what drove me to purchase it. While I appreciate the style and taste of Martin Taylor, I am nowhere near proficient in finger style jazz to warrant this fine of an instrument, which is why I am selling it.

The guitar is all solid wood with a carved spruce top, carved maple back, and sides of solid maple. As such, it sounds incredible unplugged, so much so that I virtually never plugged it in during the time I’ve owned it. The fretboard, bridge, tailpiece, pickguard, and tuning keys are made of ebony, and the hardware is gold.

While most of the Maestros I’ve seen on the market come in a blonde finish (including the one that Martin Taylor himself played), this one comes in a beautiful sunburst finish on the front and back.

The stock pickup is a floating Kent Armstrong, and the single volume control knob is cleverly attached to the bottom side of the pickguard to preserve that glorious acoustic tone. Additionally, the logo on the inside of the guitar appears to have Martin Taylor’s signature on it, which is pretty cool.

The condition is listed as ‘very good’ due to this guitar seeing moderate playtime over the years. There are some light pick scratches that I was unable to catch in any of the photos, and there is a smudge along the top of the headstock logo that I was unable to rub off.

The fretboard could definitely use a polish and cleaning, but the Elixr strings seems to be holding up well. The serial number suggests a manufacturing date of 2017, but since Peerless is now defunct as a manufacturer, I have no way of telling.

Included is the stock hardshell case along with a cleaning cloth. The case is a snug fit, but has plenty of room inside for a strap and other accessories. I frequently used this case for another guitar that didn’t have one, so it has some wear on it, but nothing crazy.

Due to the scarcity of these guitars, I have no idea what the market is for these, so I am completely open to offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk