The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Epiphone Emperor F ASB (Antique Sunburst), built in Matsumoku in Japan in 1983 (Mint Condition!).
    Considered one of the best replicas built based on the Gibson L5.
    It weighs 3.75kg and is in impeccable condition for its 40 years!!; It has no cracking, no varnish, no bending, no ding, no crash, no batacun; It's a time capsule! The furniture feels like you just put it on it, butter mast!!
    It is constructed with an arched solid spruce top with maple back and sides, with a body width of 17" and 3.25" depth.
    The neck is 3-piece maple, and the ebony fingerboard with V-block pearl inlays, a beautiful "tree of life" pearl inlay on the headstock and a 5-ply bending around the fingerboard, frets in impeccable condition .
    The pickups are Maxon MMK-75 humbuckers with 2 volume and 2 tone controls, as well as a 3-way selector switch. All hardware is gold plated. The finish is perfect, the entire instrument is in spectacular condition, and it is shod with D'Addario Chrome flatwound 12's.
    Includes original case (and although it is not worn), its original pickguard,
    Bombproof packaging, but shipping NOT included in the price.
    The one I sell is identical to these:
    https://reverb.com/item/52259314-epi...j-w-gibson-hsc
    Epiphone Emperor ASB 1983 Antique Sunburst | Reverb
    Epiphone Emperor F ASB, Japan 1983 (Like Gibson L5)-2-jpgEpiphone Emperor F ASB, Japan 1983 (Like Gibson L5)-3-jpgEpiphone Emperor F ASB, Japan 1983 (Like Gibson L5)-4-jpgEpiphone Emperor F ASB, Japan 1983 (Like Gibson L5)-5-jpgEpiphone Emperor F ASB, Japan 1983 (Like Gibson L5)-1-jpg
    It's the closest you can get to having an L5, for a fifth of its value!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Price 2000€ + shipping

Still available with shipping to Europe.

Guitar is located in Barcelona (Spain), then shippings to comunitary countries would be prefered to avoid is any problem with customs.

User Info Menu

I owned one of these guitars back in the day---I loved the playability and sound---I prefer this guitar over a Gibson 175.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oldian
    Guitar is located in Barcelona (Spain), then shippings to comunitary countries would be prefered to avoid is any problem with customs.
    A very beautiful guitar. If I hadn’t just bought the thinline model, I’d be very tempted! But I’m also in the UK, so there would probably be high customs/import duty.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by velvetguitarkr
    I owned one of these guitars back in the day---I loved the playability and sound---I prefer this guitar over a Gibson 175.
    While I don't disagree with your preference, the two are hardly comparable, i.e., different size, scale, design, materials, etc.

Yes, different axes!

16" is better for a little body like mine!!, but the true is are so different instruments. Scale diferences, construction....but by my taste, for endings, and playability, affordability, sound, this epiphone is clearly built with the intention to don´t leave indifferent to anyone who check it!

Removed from sale ;-)
    Last edited by oldian; 02-23-2024 at 03:33 AM.