The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anyone interested in a 2002 D'Aquisto Centura might want to checkout this post on the Archtop Guitars group on Facebook. For those who are not on Facebook or not a member of the group here is the text of the post, which is posted by Dom Minasi's son:

"This is a rare 2002 D’Aquisto Centura (made in Japan) owned by the late Dom Minasi. This guitar has been used in live settings, and in recordings. Dom Minasi was one of the best, innovative and creative musicians of his time. He was highly regarded by his students, as well as the jazz and avant garde community. This guitar is in excellent condition with only some small blemishes. $4000. Price is negotiable. Please message me to discuss payment arrangements if interested. Only shipping in US."

It's a beautiful guitar and I would love to buy it but my playing skills do not warrant such a fine instrument.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It's also listed on Reverb. I might be misremembering, but I think he listed it on Reverb awhile ago for a much higher price, higher even than the $8,000 I'm looking at.

I hope the instrument ends up in appreciative hands. I hadn't heard of Dom Minasi, but I'm really enjoying his solo playing.

User Info Menu

2002 D'Aquisto Centura-img_2453-jpeg

User Info Menu

That's one of the Aria made guitars, correct?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    That's one of the Aria made guitars, correct?
    Yes, I believe it is one of the Aria guitars. The Facebook and Reverb postings don't specify the origin of the guitar but there's a tab on Dom Minasi's website that details his Gear and he lists this guitar as "Aria D'Aquisto Centura."