The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Saw this on TGP, no affil thought i would pass it along

FS - Victor Baker Model 15 - $6000 - free shipping CONUS | The Gear Page

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Well looks like Victor Bakers guitars are commanding higher prices these days. Always wanted to try a couple of his guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    Well looks like Victor Bakers guitars are commanding higher prices these days. Always wanted to try a couple of his guitars.
    Yes they are, i have a model 15 just like this one with single pickup i bought back in 2017 and it was int he 4k range, back when he was in NYC

User Info Menu

wow, just wow

User Info Menu

From the listing, "Reluctantly listing my (almost new) Victor Baker Model 15. I waited 6+ months and paid for all the upgrades available. The best playing guitar I’ve ever had...". Then why, I ask myself, are you selling the best guitar you've ever had? There have been listings on JGO that offer an explanation for such a sale, i.e., financial hardship, making room for a new Campellone , injury/pain/age makes the guitar uncomfortable to play, etc. I guess I'm suspicious by nature, but my uninformed reaction is "what's wrong with it?" Just wondering if anyone else has had similar thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzshrink
    From the listing, "Reluctantly listing my (almost new) Victor Baker Model 15. I waited 6+ months and paid for all the upgrades available. The best playing guitar I’ve ever had...". Then why, I ask myself, are you selling the best guitar you've ever had? There have been listings on JGO that offer an explanation for such a sale, i.e., financial hardship, making room for a new Campellone , injury/pain/age makes the guitar uncomfortable to play, etc. I guess I'm suspicious by nature, but my uninformed reaction is "what's wrong with it?" Just wondering if anyone else has had similar thoughts.
    oh ya there are a million of those ads. " the best guitar i have ever played in my Life" "im so bummed, cant believe i have to let this one go, its the best one ever"...on and on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzgtrl4
    oh ya there are a million of those ads. " the best guitar i have ever played in my Life" "im so bummed, cant believe i have to let this one go, its the best one ever"...on and on.
    Here’s another one:

“The only problem with it is ‘xyz.’ Should be easily fixed.”