The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

I want to buy a Quilter Tone Block 202 in EU.

Thanks.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

If you want a new one, Thomann has them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docsteve
    If you want a new one, Thomann has them.
    Yeah, I know. But why buy used if someone wants to get rid of his/her used one?

TB202 has been in the market for about 5 years now. It is the 5th best selling product in their category in the midst of Joyos, Oranges and Kempers in Thomann.

But the used market is about zero. Nothing in the Reverb, nothing in the Ebay (EU countries), nothing in the Facebook's Quilter Used Group. I just thought to check this forum too.

I am seeking this for my friend who wants a similar QuilterTB202-in-a-tweed-deluxe-cabinet -combo that I made for myself some years ago.

User Info Menu

I guess that says a lot about Quilter‘s quality.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Bump.

User Info Menu

Bumbadillo!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    I want to buy a Quilter Tone Block 202 in EU.

Thanks.
    Check this out.
    Quilter Tone Block 202 + BlockDock 10TC + Flight C d’occasion - Zikinf

It's in France. Some automatic translation and good luck might do the trick.
    When I buy from abroad I usually use Paypal for seller/buyer protection and offer to split the charges.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eblydian
    Check this out.
    Quilter Tone Block 202 + BlockDock 10TC + Flight C d’occasion - Zikinf

It's in France. Some automatic translation and good luck might do the trick.
    When I buy from abroad I usually use Paypal for seller/buyer protection and offer to split the charges.
    Oh my, thanks for the link! I appreciate a lot!

Unfortunately he/she doen not want to separate the amp from the cab: "PS : Je vends le tout, pas d’éléments séparés".

And I have a cab for it already! (Tryin' to get the pics straight...)

Anyway: it is good to see that here in EU actually is some TB202's moving around.

Quilter Tone Block 202 in EU-2024jannentweedcabina-jpg

Quilter Tone Block 202 in EU-2024jannentweedcabinb-jpg

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Thanks! Kleinanzeigen is familiar, I have bought at least four guitars, several pedals and even 1-3 Polytone amps from different private sellers thru it. The other sites are familiar too, but I have used them less.

But no used Tone Blocks in any of them at least for two months.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    Oh my, thanks for the link! I appreciate a lot!

Unfortunately he/she doen not want to separate the amp from the cab: "PS : Je vends le tout, pas d’éléments séparés".

And I have a cab for it already! (Tryin' to get the pics straight...)

Anyway: it is good to see that here in EU actually is some TB202's moving around.

Quilter Tone Block 202 in EU-2024jannentweedcabina-jpg

Quilter Tone Block 202 in EU-2024jannentweedcabinb-jpg
    Beautiful cab! Hard to beat lacquered tweed and an oxblood grill.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    Beautiful cab! Hard to beat lacquered tweed and an oxblood grill.
    Beats the hell out of my BlockDocks. I reckon it sounds better too. I want one!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    Beats the hell out of my BlockDocks. I reckon it sounds better too. I want one!
    Thanks!

I haven't heard BlockDocks, but after playing a lot of combos I have learned that the Tweed Deluxe cabin might be the most perfect cabin in the guitar combo world. It is small (and made with pine also light), but it does not sound boxy. And if You like antique tweed (who does not like it?) it is a pleasure to the eyes.

Of course there is good sounding smaller combos, but they are closed back.

I am afraid that if You want similar, You have to make it Yourself. There is a lot of Tweed Deluxe cabin makers, but the Quilter amp does not fit into 5E3 amp cut on the top of cabin.

I can make many things with my hands, but I don't have the machinery for finger joints. That's why I ordered my cabin from Farfield Amplification's Anton in Belgium without any amp cut. Then I sawed the cut, glued the tolex and lacquered the cabin.

User Info Menu

As it happens, I'm a cabinetmaker by trade and even tho I haven't worked on the shop floor for 20 years I'm sure I could make a fine one. If I had some plans that is. Don't have time or energy to re-invent the wheel.

Thanks for saying it actually is a Tweed Deluxe cabinet. I'm sure I can find some plans out there.

Interested to know how you're anchoring the Quilter in there. Have any pictures you wouldn't mind sharing?

User Info Menu

As it happens, I'm a cabinetmaker by trade and even tho I haven't worked on the shop floor for 20 years I'm sure I could make a fine one. If I had some plans that is. Don't have time or energy to re-invent the wheel.

Thanks for saying it actually is a Tweed Deluxe cabinet. I'm sure I can find some plans out there.

Interested to know how you're anchoring the Quilter in there. Have any pictures you wouldn't mind sharing?

Oh, that makes things a lot easier for You!

In the internet there is a lot of plans for cabinet of 5E3, here is one:

Tweed Deluxe Cabinet Construction | Trabantland

At first I attached the Quilter head to the back panel with two pieces of sheet metal which I screwed to both. In the amp side I used the Quilter's own screws.

Quilter Tone Block 202 in EU-img_0136-jpg

After one or two combos (with 10" speaker) I realised that I can trust the Dual Lock. Two stripes to the amp and two stripes to the cabinet's back panel. I am afraid that the Dual Lock's own glue is not enough on the plywood, You need contact glue and staples for it.

Quilter Tone Block 202 in EU-img_0606-jpg

And if You want to use a Alnico speaker You should consider to move the amp cut a bit to another side of the amp away from the speaker. I have now a Celestion Alnico Cream in my Quilter Tweed combo and I had to take the bell away from the speaker and it was still a struggle.

User Info Menu

Bump!

User Info Menu

Thanks a ton Herbie! Maybe when I retire. I've put my finger in the rabbit hole of speaker selection and really don't want to spend the time on that part of it just now :-)

I'd consider adding an inch or 2 to the depth in preparation for switching out a few speakers.

I did make a fender cab for an old Super I bought in a garage sale that someone squished with their car. It'd be a walk in the park to make this... when I have time for walking in the park that is.

Thanks again and good luck in the hunt!
    Charles

PS: it's a small and light little thing, and if they have the original packaging shipping would be safe and inexpensive. Maybe broaden your search area a bit? (yeah... I know... taxes... I have the same prob in Canada)

User Info Menu

Thanks a ton Herbie! Maybe when I retire. I've put my finger in the rabbit hole of speaker selection and really don't want to spend the time on that part of it just now :-)

I'd consider adding an inch or 2 to the depth in preparation for switching out a few speakers.

I did make a fender cab for an old Super I bought in a garage sale that someone squished with their car. It'd be a walk in the park to make this... when I have time for walking in the park that is.

Thanks again and good luck in the hunt!
    Charles

PS: it's a small and light little thing, and if they have the original packaging shipping would be safe and inexpensive. Maybe broaden your search area a bit? (yeah... I know... taxes... I have the same prob in Canada)
    Adding 1-2 inches to the depth might be a ticket to make the Alnico speakers fit. And I suppose that extra depth won't do bad for the sound. I just learned that I can make finger joints by hand too, without power tools. Maybe that is the next project...

I am afraid that broadening the search area would not help a lot. The taxes and shipping will take so much that it is cheaper to buy new from Thomann.

User Info Menu

Bump!