The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This was a “fully acoustic”, non-Kingpin Godin 5th Avenue I picked up a couple years ago. I’m the 2nd or 3rd owner, but other than a 2 or 3 small dings and the original pick guard being bent (previous owner braced his hand on it with a lot of pressure), it’s in good condition. I believe it’s an earlier-made example but haven’t checked the serial with Godin. I bought this because I had a Kingpin II, but couldn’t bond with the P90s and thought I would get this a find a nice add-on pickup. In the end, I missed the cutaway and the 16” fretboard radius is a bit flat for me. I still think this is a great guitar and pick it up from time to time. Going to sell it to finance more GAS.

Currently, I call it very good condition for being several years old (note the couple dings mentioned above), and it has the original rosewood bridge. Previous owner installed a K&K Sound Pure pickup. I believe it is an Archtop model no longer sold, but you can find it in their archives. I made a new, completely wood pick guard (nothing fancy…simple solid piece of pine painted black) and added a “Jazzy Joe” Kent Armstrong floating mini-hum bucker, HJGS6-GD. This actually gets a very nice tone and tempts me to keep it, but it must go. Both pickups run through the TRS endpin jack, and I’ll include a cable with TRS on one end and separate plugs on the other. (No volume/tone controls due to the pre-existing K&K, but if I kept it I would try this. BB-04 Black Box - Stereo 2 Channel Plug-In Volume Control — Schatten Pickups)

* 2000s (?) Godin 5th Avenue Acoustic
    * Replacement wood pick guard (original plastic tortoise shell included)
    * K&K Sound Pure Archtop soundboard transducer pickup
    * Kent Armstrong HJGS6-GD Jazzy Joe floating mini hum bucker
    * TRIC hard foam case
    * 10 foot cable with TRS plug to allow use of either (or both!) pickups

I’ll sell it for $700, including continental US shipping, to an established forum member. I’ll probably bump it up a bit if I list it on Reverb. Now on to the pics and a sound clip. Sorry for a bit of audio issue on the natural acoustic sound. Phone mic issues...

Godin 5th Avenue Acoustic with added pickups-fullfront5th-large-jpeg

Godin 5th Avenue Acoustic with added pickups-5th-back-large-jpeg

Godin 5th Avenue Acoustic with added pickups-5th-body-close-large-jpeg

Godin 5th Avenue Acoustic with added pickups-5th-frets-large-jpeg

Godin 5th Avenue Acoustic with added pickups-5th-neck-edge-large-jpeg

Godin 5th Avenue Acoustic with added pickups-5th-ding-back-pin-large-jpeg

Godin 5th Avenue Acoustic with added pickups-5th-ding-front-bass-large-jpeg

Godin 5th Avenue Acoustic with added pickups-5th-ding-front-treble-large-jpeg

Godin 5th Avenue Acoustic with added pickups-case_closed-large-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Been a month, so bumping it for any new shoppers. No bites here, it will get listed elsewhere...