The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

2014 Epiphone ES-175 Premium in natural finish. This is a great playing and sounding guitar setup for jazz. A few things to note about this particular guitar:

1. The pickups are Lollar Imperials. These boutique pickups are an upgrade from the stock '57 Classics IMO. Details on these pickups can be found here:
    Imperial Humbucker Pickup | Lollar Pickups

2. Controls, pots, wiring, switch and jack all upgraded with the "59 Jazz" prewire kit from ToneManGuitar. Details about this setup can be found here:
    Gibson Epiphone ES175 ES295 prebuilt wiring kit. PIO tone caps | Tone Man Guitar upgrade wiring kits for tone improvement (new)

3. The input jack had been previously twisted and broke the guitar side (I've heard this was common on these guitars). The repair includes a piece of wood reinforcement inside the guitar, and a metal collar on the outside (the square thing) instead of plastic. The reinforcement inside the guitar can be seen in pics below.

This is a great playing and sounding guitar. It has been played and shows a bit of fret wear on the treble strings, mostly in the lower frets and lessening progressively until it vanishes up about the 12th. The fret wear doesn't affect playing at all.

Includes a non-original Guardian case with green felt lining. I'm only allowed to post 10 images here. Let me know if you're interested and want to see anything else.

$SOLD shipped CONUS.

I'm new to this forum but have perfect feedback on Reverb and would be happy to sell through that channel if preferred (with price adjusted to compensate for fees).

Last edited by NervousNrG; 12-29-2023 at 08:04 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice deal.

User Info Menu

This guitar is sold.
    Last edited by NervousNrG; 12-29-2023 at 08:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Great seller! Don’t hesitate to purchase from Rick.

It was nice meeting you Rick!

User Info Menu

Thanks, Greg! Was great to meet you as well, and glad you like the guitar.
    Hope to see you around soon.

User Info Menu

BTW, this is a fantastic version of this archtop! I was very fortunate to get it, with no shipping no less.

Thx Rick!
    Bossa Nova Rules!

User Info Menu

That box is nicely setup and has some great hardware -- plays and sounds great. Did you put some big thick strings on it like you planned? (I think it had 11's or 12's.)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NervousNrG
    That box is nicely setup and has some great hardware -- plays and sounds great. Did you put some big thick strings on it like you planned? (I think it had 11's or 12's.)
    No, I’ve been too lazy, but truly she plays fine. I’ll leave them for a while. They feel like 11’s, but they’re playing great. Hey they’re Tomastik’s after all, regardless of their size. I’ve only used Thomastik’s since 2010. Bebop round 13’s and GB 14’s are my go to

I did order a completely custom ebony bridge that’ll be here in a few weeks, simply to experiment. Hey, I’m having a blast!

User Info Menu

To the original poster: Did you polish this guitar and if so what did you use?
    Thanks

User Info Menu

I did not polish this guitar. FWIW, I have used Meguiars Cleaner Wax in the past on some guitars and like the results.

User Info Menu

OP - really cool electronics upgrades. Hey, I know it's sold, so I'm just wondering, what did it end up selling for? I'm asking because I have an opportunity to get what seems like a pretty good deal on a Cherry color 2014 Epi ES-175 Premium... although it's all stock, and I thought the Gibson 57's on it aren't too bad? I also have to drive about 2.5, 3 hours to get it, but I'm still leaning towards it. Just not sure what they actually go for online. On Reverb they're usually listed around 1k, but I'm not sure that's what they actually sell for. Thanks, and to the buyer... congrats!!

User Info Menu

Maybe the buyer will share price with you via PM, but that's up to them. I will tell you this was listed below the prices that are commonly on Reverb. They're great guitars. The Classic 57's are decent, but they're not Lollars. Good luck!