The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Two new builds are on the way so my substantial herd needs thinning.
    First up is a Joe Veillette Aero Archtop. This guitar is the prototype for the Aero and Lyric Archtops. It is parlor size, but sounds like a classic ES-175 with a single Duncan Jazz in the neck position. The back and neck are mahogany, ebony fingerboard, and the radius top is a laminate of two sheets of spruce with the grains at 90 degrees. The object was to create a small body, feedback resistant archtop guitar that could hangout on a stage with amplified instruments, and not sacrifice true archtop tone. The scale is 25" and nut width is 1 and 25/32". Recent pro refret. Here?s some pics. Comes with a hard gig back fit to the guitar. More pics available on request Price $2250 net to me Shipped Conusa

Two Veillette Electrics: Aero Archtop and Byrdland Scale Aero Semi-Hollow-img_1754-jpeg

Next up is a Joe Veillette Aero Semi-Hollow Body. The neck is mahogany, ebony fingerboard , chambered body is paulownia (to keep weight to a minimum). The top is spruce which is radius bent and braced. The body is a solid piece with extensive chambering. This guitar is very versatile covering tones from classic archtop to ES-335. The next detail imakes this either exceptionally desirable, or a non-starter for some, which is the 23.5" (Gibson Byrdland) scale length nut width is 1 and 25/32". More details: Pickups are DiMarzio 36th Anniversary, Hipshot Tuners. Tonepros bridge and tailpiece. Finish is called smoke and is a satin. The guitar is a little over a year old and I don?t want to sell it, but I have a 24" Victor Baker Model 15 and 24" Forshage Orion on the way. Small hands and old age necessitate the move to short scale instruments. The guitar comes with a Mono Gig Bag. Price - $3250 net to me shipped ConUSA.

Two Veillette Electrics: Aero Archtop and Byrdland Scale Aero Semi-Hollow-img_1748-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sweet axes, Jim!
    [Please post when you get the Baker/Forshage guitars, too!]

GLWTS!

Marc

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Sweet axes, Jim!
    [Please post when you get the Baker/Forshage guitars, too!]

GLWTS!

Marc
    Will do, Marc. You may remember the archtop from the Sugarhouse days. It?s just got better sounding with age. I hate seeing both of these go, but both VB and Chris worked with me to come up with some really special features and designs. And I?ve gone all in on the 24" scale world (except for my parts strat and tele which are Gibby scale. I?ll definitely post them. Hope all is well in SLC and that the gigs are plentiful!