The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Maybe it’s a long shot, but this is about as likely of a place to find them as any. Does anyone happen to have a set or even just one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Do they have to be 1990's?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Avery Roberts
    Do they have to be 1990's?
    Or very early 2000s.

User Info Menu

I'll have to pluck them out from my 2002 L-4CES...

User Info Menu

Chuck, check with Showcase Guitars in San Jose.

Years ago, doing a deep clean on my 97 Super 400CES, I discovered that the original owner, a real estate broker from Chico, California had changed the neck pickup to a Benedetto pickup (and he failed to disclose it to me. He never responded to my question about what had happened to the original pickup either). I found a brand new 90's gold 57 classic at Showcase. The manager there told me that they had bought a bunch of 57 classics from Gibson back in the 90's and that the gold plated ones had been slow movers. Perhaps there are one or two left? It is worth making the call.

I ended up liking my Super 400 CES way more after putting the correct pickup back in and I sold the Benedetto pickup here on the forum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    Chuck, check with Showcase Guitars in San Jose.

Years ago, doing a deep clean on my 97 Super 400CES, I discovered that the original owner, a real estate broker from Chico, California had changed the neck pickup to a Benedetto pickup (and he failed to disclose it to me. He never responded to my question about what had happened to the original pickup either). I found a brand new 90's gold 57 classic at Showcase. The manager there told me that they had bought a bunch of 57 classics from Gibson back in the 90's and that the gold plated ones had been slow movers. Perhaps there are one or two left? It is worth making the call.

I ended up liking my Super 400 CES way more after putting the correct pickup back in and I sold the Benedetto pickup here on the forum.
    Thank you, Marc! I will definitely give that a try.

User Info Menu

What is the difference between 90’s and present day ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    What is the difference between 90’s and present day ?
    Supposedly different wire, also I want them to match a 90s guitar.

User Info Menu

some TGPers are adamant about a tonal difference bw 90s and modern ones. TGPers are adamant about a lot of stuff though.