The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

As a fan of wide-neck guitars, I'd been meaning to check out one of these and finally got one. 2015 is the year Gibson stroked out with 100th Anniversary models with:
    -1 3/4" wide nuts
    -height-adjustable brass nuts
    (replaced with bone nut on this guitar)
    -G-Force robo-tuners (replaced with traditional Klusons on this guitar)
    -weird-colour pickup rings
    -satin-finish bridge/tp
    -honkin' big knobs w/indentations
    -coil-splits on both pickups ('57 Classic and '57 Classic Plus)
    -different headstock graphics
    -holographic decal on the back of the headstock
    -real MOP neck inlays on a rosewood neck

It's in very good condition - plays great, sounds great, frets are in excellent condition, and it's well set up. It weighs a mere 7 3/4 lbs. It has a few minor dings at the rims, nothing major, that I've made far less visible with a red Sharpie. Pix to come on those. It's a nice guitar, but I've had my fun, and have no use for it - I have enough Les Pauls.

But, here's the thing. If you like a wide neck on a Les Paul, that's great. However, this neck is the closest thing I've encountered to an early 1960s Johnny Smith neck profile - wide nut, flattened back, kind of a D-shape - it really feels like a JS neck! Go figure. So you can play this for a tenth or less of the cost of a JS, and have a ball. Jazz? Sure, why not? If Ulf can do it, so can you.

Heck, price drop from $800 to $750,
    including a hardshell case, plus whatever it costs to ship it to you from either Erie, PA, or Toronto.

As a bonus, if you want standard black or cream pickup rings, chrome bridge/tailpiece, or regular black or gold knobs, I can swap those in for the same price. Get a cool solid-body guitar, with a neat wide neck, for cheap
    !
    Attached Images Attached Images 2015 Les Paul Studio, wine red-gib-lp-studio-15_7689-jpg 2015 Les Paul Studio, wine red-gib-lp-studio-15_7690-jpg 2015 Les Paul Studio, wine red-img_7433-jpg 2015 Les Paul Studio, wine red-img_7435-jpg 2015 Les Paul Studio, wine red-img_7432-jpg 2015 Les Paul Studio, wine red-img_7430-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 02-22-2024 at 03:20 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very nice guitar at a very nice price from a very nice chap!

User Info Menu

7 3/4 lbs., robotuners replaced, and 57's? No brainer folks.

User Info Menu

From a distance I thought the sticker on the back of the head was Chairman Mao!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    different headstock graphics

Even though everyone else makes fun of it I have always appreciated the Actual Mr. Les Paul on the headstock of those guitars.
    It connects those instruments with a real person (who was a mighty fine guitarist).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sherry
    Even though everyone else makes fun of it I have always appreciated the Actual Mr. Les Paul on the headstock of those guitars.
    It connects those instruments with a real person (who was a mighty fine guitarist).
    This one also connects the player with Mr. Johnny Smith via that atypical neck. Go, Johnny, go, go, go!

User Info Menu

Maybe black rings and selector plastic.

User Info Menu

Wow, I have really come to like that wide nut. Let me see what I can sell...

User Info Menu

Maybe black rings and selector plastic.

User Info Menu

Some buy this LP Studio with a nice wide neck, and channel your inner Johnny Smith, for only $750. Come on down!