The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Hello there,

Just wondering if anyone on the forum has a McCarty Pickguard Pickup they're looking to sell? Ideally, I'd like the single pickup version.

Cheers

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Tea
    Hello there,

Just wondering if anyone on the forum has a McCarty Pickguard Pickup they're looking to sell? Ideally, I'd like the single pickup version.

Cheers
    Also, are you looking for a cutaway version, or non-cut ?

User Info Menu

Before you invest money in one, measure twice and make sure you have adequate space under the strings for one. The height of the fretboard above the body can vary widely, and while some have plenty of room, some can't even fit a thin DeArmond in there. McCartys tend to be somewhat thick.

User Info Menu

I have one for cutaway, but it's in rough not-working condition. The pickup has been snipped and separated, and the pots are missing. Someone cut out a small notch in the inner corner so it fits snug against the neck end. I have the knobs somewhere, but I can't find them right now. I know you can easily get the them, they are identical to some Gretsch knobs. And if the notch bothers you, you could probably get a piece of the same pg material and cut/fit/glue it into place. I want to send it to one of the custom pickup makers (KA, SD, Biltoft, etc) to be restored, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Or maybe you're skilled enough to do it yourself. (I can't even solder well ) If you are interested in it as is, pm me. Tnx

McCarty Pickguard Pickup-mccarty-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    I have one for cutaway, but it's in rough not-working condition. The pickup has been snipped and separated, and the pots are missing. Someone cut out a small notch in the inner corner so it fits snug against the neck end. I have the knobs somewhere, but I can't find them right now. I know you can easily get the them, they are identical to some Gretsch knobs. And if the notch bothers you, you could probably get a piece of the same pg material and cut/fit/glue it into place. I want to send it to one of the custom pickup makers (KA, SD, Biltoft, etc) to be restored, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Or maybe you're skilled enough to do it yourself. (I can't even solder well ) If you are interested in it as is, pm me. Tnx

McCarty Pickguard Pickup-mccarty-jpg
    thanks for the response! Just wondering, forgive my ignorance but what the difference is between non cutaway and cutaway versions, I'm looking for one to go on a 17" non cutaway Epi.

User Info Menu

thanks for the response! Just wondering, forgive my ignorance but what the difference is between non cutaway and cutaway versions, I'm looking for one to go on a 17" non cutaway Epi.
    VintageArchtop.com

User Info Menu

The non-cut version has a longer upper "bout," so this is not the one you want. It will *work," but it might look funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    The non-cut version has a longer upper "bout," so this is not the one you want. It will *work," but it might look funny.
    I've sent you a PM

User Info Menu

Good advice from sgosnell.

When I bought my Biltoft single CC replica unit, Pete described various thickness units that he could provide. We worked together to identify what thickness I should get. I ended up with his thinnest model.

Tom

Bumping