The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

I picked up this Toob earlier this year and it has only been used around the house. It sounds great and is in excellent shape, but I am downsizing as we look into a move. If interested, I'd be willing to sell here for $225 shipped east of the Mississippi and $235 shipped west of the Mississippi. At the moment, I am not looking to ship outside the States. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Below is my Reverb listing:
    TOOB Metro 6.5BG 2023 | Reverb

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That's a good price for an excellent cabinet. I've pretty much retired my RE Stealth 10 ER since I got mine. It's just a great-sounding cabinet.

User Info Menu

Really? Now you got my attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    I've pretty much retired my RE Stealth 10 ER since I got mine. It's just a great-sounding cabinet.
    Last edited by Fear the Reaper; 11-21-2023 at 09:07 AM.

User Info Menu

Yes, really. Compared back to back, the RE sounds comparatively dull and lifeless. I tried it again a couple of days ago, both with the SBUS, Little Jazz, and RE Clarus, and after playing for a half hour or so, I put it back out of the way and hooked up the Toob again. I put the Clarus back in the closet. I'm not sure everyone would feel the same way I do, but I don't care.

User Info Menu

Yes, really. Compared back to back, the RE sounds comparatively dull and lifeless. I tried it again a couple of days ago, both with the SBUS, Little Jazz, and RE Clarus, and after playing for a half hour or so, I put it back out of the way and hooked up the Toob again. I put the Clarus back in the closet. I'm not sure everyone would feel the same way I do, but I don't care.
    My RE 10 does the thick ‘n thunky really well and maybe even a bit better than the Toobs. But my Toobs are more versatile in that they put the spirit of the music front and center, imposing a little less of their own character on it. My RE lets my solid bodies sound more like a laminated Gibson archtop with the right settings and touch, but it also does a bit of that to my carved archtops. And it doesn’t let out the funk, the blues, or the acoustic strength of my carved archtops, flattop, or resonator quite as fully as the Toobs do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear the Reaper
    Really? Now you got my attention.
    Priced to sell, boxed, and ready to ship!

User Info Menu

Yes, really. Compared back to back, the RE sounds comparatively dull and lifeless.
    Even though your RE is an ER, it sounds dull?

User Info Menu

Comparatively speaking, yes. With the tweeter up much above halfway, the sound isn't something I like. It's not bad, but it's nothing really great. I've tried changing the speaker, which did not help.

User Info Menu

I’ll take it. Will send a PM.

AKA

Quote Originally Posted by AKA
    I’ll take it. Will send a PM.

AKA
    Sent you a PM back.

Sold. Thank you!