The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I got the '64 Vibroverb in a trade with a friend. I gave him a bunch of stuff and got to reclaim some needed floorspace in my cave as well as get a great amp. My big plan is to play through the amp until it sells, and I used it recently on a gig where it sounded pretty &^%$ fantastic. Particularly on Funk 49. Here's what he wrote:

"Here's an interesting amp... 1964 Fender Vibroverb 1 X 15 combo. Yes, This is the Stevie Ray Vaughan amp! I am selling this amp for less than I have into it... and it's "stupid cheap" for what it is... $4,000 USD... even with the changes listed further down in this ad... so here's the story. I bought this amp and had my amp tech go through it... lots of messy work and cheap replacement components. So I had the amp cleaned up and restored - with the best vintage style caps and resistors, etc. The PT was wrong and replaced, and we installed the correct Hammond replacement. The cost of this extensive work was @$650. The baffle was wrong, so I had a plywood baffle made with an aged, correct grill cloth. The "aged" cloth I purchased still didn't look quite right and dark enough, so I did the research and further aged it until it looked the part. The speaker is an old re-coned JBL. Pretty much what would have originally been in there, but a replacement... it sounds fantastic and I would never change it! So what's with the "Joe Walsh Barnstorm" thing? As far as I can tell, Joe Walsh toured (and perhaps recorded) with this amp in the early 70s. [ed: or not!] My tech sent a picture of the amp to Joe on Facebook and Joe "liked" it. That's all I know! As you can see, I had a padded cover made. There's an old footswitch included - plus all the detailed info on the work just done by my amp tech. The amp weighs 56lbs... so not a feather, but not a boat anchor either. I would ship... but at your expense and risk. Thanks for looking! ..."
    My current working theory is that, if it's not one of Joe's old amps, that Banksy is a big Barnstorm fan and used to own the amp. Or not.

I figured I'd post it here, because it's also ... a GREAT jazz guitar amp! 15" JBL, 2x6L6 power, reverb, trem, and so forth. Plug in your L-5CES and go nuts! Come on down!

Attached Images Attached Images 1964 Fender Vibroverb-fender-vibroverb-64_7131-jpg 1964 Fender Vibroverb-1-front_6656-jpg 1964 Fender Vibroverb-2-back_6657-jpg 1964 Fender Vibroverb-3-cover_6655-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 12-08-2023 at 07:12 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow!
    That is way less than one that I saw at a recent Guitar show in Kent WA.

I was scratching my head at 10K for the amp. The price sure caught my attention though.

GLWTS!

User Info Menu

Headstrong makes a Verbrovibe that is the Vibroverb. Same architecture. But with a bias adjuster.

I have it with (2) 12's.
    I was missing my 60's Twin and one of our esteemed members had the Headstrong.

User Info Menu

Where does it ship from? Man that is the holy grail right there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jsparr1983
    Where does it ship from? Man that is the holy grail right there.
    Ships to US addresses from Erie, PA.
    Ships to Canadian addresses from Toronto.

Last edited by Hammertone; 12-02-2023 at 11:38 PM.

User Info Menu

What’s you price on that beast? I am showing like $600 shipping to 75068. Man that’s crazy

User Info Menu

May as well bump this up. Still available, still great!
    And still a great deal.

Shipping is whatever it costs, via FedEx or USPS - whichever makes the most sense. I may want to ship the JBL D-130F speaker separately, as a way to reduce shipping weight.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 03-15-2024 at 08:12 PM.

User Info Menu

Man only if I was closer!