The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Attachment 106221Attachment 106222Attachment 106223Attachment 106224Attachment 106225Attachment 106226Attachment 106227Attachment 106228

Aria FA 71 jazz guitar in excellent condition. 17” jazz box with great warm sound. Action is low and frets are in great shape, very easy to play. Fitted with upgraded Kent Armstrong HJGN6 (Johnny Smith Tone) pickup by previous owner and 12-54 strings. No case so would prefer collection from Formby if possible. May be able to travel to meet interested in parties in North West England.

Jim Mullen guitar of choice - clips on youtube of him talking about it.

£500.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Aria FA-71 (Jim Mullen's choice!) UK-aria-fa-71-pic-2-jpgAria FA-71 (Jim Mullen's choice!) UK-aria-fa-71-pic-3-jpgAria FA-71 (Jim Mullen's choice!) UK-aria-fa-71-pic-5-jpgAria FA-71 (Jim Mullen's choice!) UK-aria-fa-71-pic-6-jpgAria FA-71 (Jim Mullen's choice!) UK-aria-fa-71-pic-8-jpgAria FA-71 (Jim Mullen's choice!) UK-aria-fa-71-pic-9-jpg

User Info Menu

I have one of these, too, and I really like it save for the volume and tone knobs get in the way of my rhythm guitar swing!

I've always been puzzled by the neck - mine is just like yours on photo no. 2 (the curve in the grain) and I always wondered what that is all about? Is that what is meant by a two piece neck? I even wondered if mine had been repaired, but the curve is so perfect I figured it couldn't be. Seeing that yours is the same is a relief.

Cheers
    Derek

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by digger
    I have one of these, too, and I really like it save for the volume and tone knobs get in the way of my rhythm guitar swing!

I've always been puzzled by the neck - mine is just like yours on photo no. 2 (the curve in the grain) and I always wondered what that is all about? Is that what is meant by a two piece neck? I even wondered if mine had been repaired, but the curve is so perfect I figured it couldn't be. Seeing that yours is the same is a relief.

Cheers
    Derek
    I think you are referring to the scarf joint. Mine is the same but not quite as clear because of the two tone finish. Sorry my pics always end up sideways.Aria FA-71 (Jim Mullen's choice!) UK-20231115_222101-jpgAria FA-71 (Jim Mullen's choice!) UK-20231115_222009-jpg

User Info Menu

Thanks Gary. Just been reading up on scarf joints on guitar necks. Very interesting. No idea how I never knew this before!

User Info Menu

That burst is real nice.

User Info Menu

Bump! Open to offers.

User Info Menu

Hi, really interested in this, where in the UK are you based? (I am outside Stockport) Cheers, Simon

User Info Menu

Doh, Formby.