The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21
    Very sweet 1997 575 Custom in Sunset Sunburst. The Custom model adds a few visual touches (slash pearl inlays, gold hardware, bound board and head stock) but as far as I know same 575 you know and love; carved curly maple top and back. Curly maple sides, short scale, 1 11/16 nut, 16”lower bout, 23/4 depth, soft “C” carve neck (very comfortable!). Great guitar. No scratches, dings, cracks or repairs some very modest checking on the lower bout near the controls (tried to photo see photos) Not major. OHSC. 3000 OBO plus 150 shipping.
    Attached Images Attached Images Heritage 575 Custom NEW PRICE-img_5646-jpg 
    Last edited by Prossi@cozen.com; 02-09-2024 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Price change

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Bump

User Info Menu

Heritage 575 Custom NEW PRICE-img_2384-jpeg

Bump

Bump

Bump

User Info Menu

Ive owned 3, still have 2 and a 16, If your looking at this and on the fence let me say this is a smokin deal on a killer model made in their best years, my beloved 175 of 50 yrs rarely gets picked up with these standing by. Quality equal to anything gibson ever made.
    Just had to say it!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rickco View Post
    Ive owned 3, still have 2 and a 16, If your looking at this and on the fence let me say this is a smokin deal on a killer model made in their best years, my beloved 175 of 50 yrs rarely gets picked up with these standing by. Quality equal to anything gibson ever made.
    Just had to say it!!!
    I agree. This one has some upgrades too. I love that tailpiece for one. Great deal. I've grown to love the pointy wood tail pieces as well over the years. Wish mine had one. Jay Wolfe always specified the conventional shape.

Thanks. It is definately a great guitar. I also had a 16 but like this better. Sold the 16 too.

Bump

User Info Menu

The H-575 is a versatile guitar. I enjoy mine.

User Info Menu

yeah those are great guitars

basically
    a carved top 175 but with a 2+3/4” depth ….

lovely

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    yeah those are great guitars

basically
    a carved top 175 but with a 2+3/4” depth ….

lovely
    No offense intended but... my vintage 175 is sitting next to 2, 575s. They are not even close to the same in any way. The 575 is all carved and as you point out different depth, The 1 pc mahogany neck is the only thing similar to an older 175. The playing experience and sound are completely different. The 575 is the only guitar made to its specs and is far more similar to one of the newer custom boutique small archtops than anything from Gibson including the L4. or for that matter from any production guitar. It has a solid carved maple top making it sound completely different from any other archtop.
    just sayin

Bump for a wonderful guitar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rickco View Post
    No offense intended but... my vintage 175 is sitting next to 2, 575s. They are not even close to the same in any way. The 575 is all carved and as you point out different depth, The 1 pc mahogany neck is the only thing similar to an older 175. The playing experience and sound are completely different. The 575 is the only guitar made to its specs and is far more similar to one of the newer custom boutique small archtops than anything from Gibson including the L4. or for that matter from any production guitar. It has a solid carved maple top making it sound completely different from any other archtop.
    just sayin
    I wholeheartedly agree with Rickco. In my opinion, Heritage knocked it out of the park with their unique H575 archtop. It plays and sounds like a custom boutique archtop, but even new, reasonably priced. I also own two 575's and an ES175, but had to resist making an offer on the highly upgraded beauty for sale in this thread! Whoever buys this 575 will get a great archtop.

One last bump!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prossi@cozen.com View Post
    One last bump!
    I’d keep it here, it will find a home. It’s a very rare 575 that anyone would love to own. You can’t buy a new one for that and to my knowledge Heritage no longer makes custom guitars.

2born, thanks. The longer I have it the more I play it the more I love it but I really do need to sell it. I’ve retired and just don’t need this many guitars!

User Info Menu

Im in the same situation, I have a couple guitars (Im also retired and only playing at home these days) that I dont "need" one is a custom 575. I dont think the new ones are as nice and no options. My feeling is at some point it will be widely known that these are unique and as fine as a twice the price "boutique" guitar. Im not giving mine up as the the early ones with custom features are harder and harder to find. I cant believe yours is still sitting at what I would consider a give away price. Even though I have 5 others (daily player archtops) every time I pick this one up I realize how special it is. In my opinion its far nicer in every way than an L4 so I would not consider if I was to sell letting it go for less than what I see Gibby lovers willing to give for those. As I get older I realize theres a condition related to GAS, I was going to say its like passing GAS, as you age its harder to control and the urge is unpredictable.
    If you hold on to it Im pretty sure it will not go down in value.

Ricko, thanks your an enabler but good advice. I’m going to keep it up for a few more days then it’s a keeper.

Off the market! No longer for sale!