The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

After buying and playing this beauty, I put a payment down to join Bryant Trenier’s custom order list. I’ll split shipping costs with you. Guitar is already insured, so shipping shouldn’t be too crazy.

https://reverb.com/item/74588150-tre...ntent=74588150

Bryant Trenier “Essence” model made in 2016

Soundboard: Italian alpine spruce

Back and sides: Central European maple

Neck: curly hard Eastern maple

Bindings and trim: ebony, mahogany, curly walnut, green dyed pear wood

Finish: French polish shellac

X braced

Lower bout: 17”

Depth: 3 1/8”

Scale: 25.25”

Nut width: 1 11/16”

String spacing: 2 3/16

TKL hard case in great condition

Frets are polished. Currently strung with Santa Cruz Mid-tension strings. I will also throw in a set of Martin Retro monel mediums. Guitar plays well and sounds amazing. Great condition, but there are some slight scratches in the finish and very minor wood nicks/scratches.Trenier 17” X braced 00-img_2011-jpgTrenier 17” X braced 00-img_2015-jpgTrenier 17” X braced 00-img_2022-jpgTrenier 17” X braced 00-img_2020-jpgTrenier 17” X braced 00-img_2069-jpgTrenier 17” X braced 00-img_2072-jpgTrenier 17” X braced 00-img_2075-jpgTrenier 17” X braced 00-img_2023-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Trenier 17” X braced 00-img_2119-jpg Trenier 17” X braced 00-img_2102-jpg Trenier 17” X braced 00-img_2097-jpg Trenier 17” X braced 00-img_2094-jpg Trenier 17” X braced 00-img_2081-jpg Trenier 17” X braced 00-img_2078-jpg Trenier 17” X braced 00-img_2071-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

A gorgeous guitar at a very attractive price. For those wanting to experience a fine Trenier - this is a great opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Wow that is a tempting guitar to own. I sure find a non-cutaway guitar to be no problem and I sure wish you lived a little closer 12 hour drive to get in person. My guess is this guitar sounds great and is stunning to me in every way. Would be interested in the difference in finish of Shellac vs Nitro. QAman if you know I would like to hear about this finish.

User Info Menu

Absolutely gorgeous guitar! Man, Bryant turns out amazing pieces of art that just happen to sound fantastic. Someone is going to live happily ever after.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the comments and interests. There is definitely an artistic quality to the design subtleties in this guitar. I love the non-cutaway, and with it being an elevated fingerboard it isn’t hard to play above the 14th fret. With the shellac finish, this is an acoustic through and through. I like the analogy of shellac being more like a skin to the wood, while nitrocellulose being more like a shell. The softer you play, the more noticeable the difference in responsiveness and tone. With there being a pickguard, I don’t think the less protection issue is that big of a deal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    Wow that is a tempting guitar to own. I sure find a non-cutaway guitar to be no problem and I sure wish you lived a little closer 12 hour drive to get in person. My guess is this guitar sounds great and is stunning to me in every way. Would be interested in the difference in finish of Shellac vs Nitro. QAman if you know I would like to hear about this finish.
    I haven’t played a shellac finished Trenier. However, I do own other fine instruments in shellac and they sound wonderful. I also had a Solomon Archtop I sold to Hammertone years ago and it was a fantastic guitar. If I had to characterize the sonic difference - perhaps the shellac finished instruments are a bit less harsh /bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Wow, that is an absolute beauty. I imagine it has a big voice, but also a sweetness due to the X bracing.

User Info Menu

Where is the guitar located roughly?
    I bet it sounds and plays fantastic.

User Info Menu

The guitar is in Raleigh NC.

User Info Menu

Gorgeous guitar at an excellent price. I pursued this guitar in 2021 when it was Dusty Strings had it for sale but I waited too long. I would jump on it now but bought a 2018 Trenier 16” Special last year and it’s an awesome guitar that’s probably similar in many ways. I contacted Bryant at the time about the Essence and he, as usual, graciously replied. His goal at the time was to strip everything down to the “essence”of the best materials he had at the time and seemed happy with the results . One cool aspect of the guitar was that the dyed pearl wood he used was originally from John D’Angelico’s workshop and was given to him by John Monteleone. Whoever buys this is going to get a piece of history along with an amazing guitar.