The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 35

User Info Menu

Hey Folks,

I am sadly selling my Campellone Deluxe in an effort to scale down to just a few guitars.

I've owned this for about a year and a half. Here are the details and stories:

* the previous owner installed a Dearmond "Guitar Mike" pickup in rare gold finish. It sounds very cool to me with this pickup. As seen in the pics, there was some damage to spacer joint area (forgive me, I don't know what that's called). It is secure and seems to be cosmetic.
    * Marc Tappan from Guitars N Jazz installed a new pickguard that Mark Campellone was nice enough to make for me and this guitar. Marc also installed volume and tone knobs as you can see from the pics. He did a great job.
    * original owner played gypsy jazz rhythm on this guitar in addition to straight ahead jazz. As such, the action was high and he really played the guitar "in", it seems. Very open and great sounding, imho. I have since had Marc bring the action down during g setup and it plays very easy.
    * there are a couple dings as seen in the pictures and a couple very, very small black dots on the back that may come off, but i havent tried. The major ding is above the neck near where a "Rhythm/Lead" switch might be (again, see pics). This seems to be some sort of finish damage that may or may not be easily addressed and fixed. It didn't bother me, so I never investigated.
    * as you guys have mentioned, the Cedar Creek cases tend to bleed into the finish sometimes and this did occur in a spot on the back of the neck where it rested (see pics). This is the only area effected. I have not stored the guitar in the case at all since owning it. I can put a pillow case in there to protect when shipping.
    * Mark had given the previous owner new tuning buttons which are currently on there and pictured. The originals will be included.

I think that sums thing up. It'd be silly of me to say again what has already been said about Mark and his guitars. Hopefully there will be another one in my future with a set in humbucker and cherry sunburst!

Price: $5,300 (after fees) + free shipping.

I will also accept partial trades for sealed/unopened bottles of vintage spirits. The list is too long, so let me know what you have......ya never know.

****SOLD****
    Last edited by DMgolf66; 11-17-2023 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Price drop

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

(PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-20231006_132301-jpg(PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-20231006_132314-jpg
    (PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-20231006_132339-jpg
    (PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-20231006_132344-jpg(PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-20231006_132402-jpg(PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-20231006_132411-jpg(PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-20231006_132539-jpg(PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-20231006_132605-jpg

User Info Menu

(PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-20231006_132623-jpg(PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-20231006_132637-jpg(PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-20231006_132653-jpg(PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-20231006_132704-jpg(PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-20231006_132747-jpg(PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-20231006_132756-jpg

User Info Menu

Just thought I might offer some clarification regarding the "damage to the spacer joint area" you mention - looks like a crack in the fingerboard extension caused by forcing the pickup support rod screw into too tight a hole. This is a low stress area so the crack isn't a structural concern - if you wanted to, you could let some thin super-glue wick in there to stabilize it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    Just thought I might offer some clarification regarding the "damage to the spacer joint area" you mention - looks like a crack in the fingerboard extension caused by forcing the pickup support rod screw into too tight a hole. This is a low stress area so the crack isn't a structural concern - if you wanted to, you could let some thin super-glue wick in there to stabilize it.
    Words from the Master and Maker himself, thank you so much Mark
    You conveyed and explained what I could not.

Thank you also for the suggestion. It's looked the same since I've owned it, but your plan couldn't hurt.

I hope the situation isn't discouraging anyone, because the guitar with this pickup is something else.

User Info Menu

Hi DM - yeah, the crack is a minor issue and shouldn't be of concern to anyone who might be interested in the guitar - especially if it's been stable since you've owned the instrument. Still, probably worth it to try applying the super-glue, just to see if it actually does wick into any gap that might exist - just for the peace of mind of a prospective buyer : )
    Last edited by MCampellone; 10-09-2023 at 10:04 AM.

User Info Menu

I always thought that tailpiece design of Mark's is the coolest tail ever.

User Info Menu

This is a 17"? Man, I wish Mark made the EP series again.

User Info Menu

My guess is that Mark would be happy to make you an EP. He recently made a very lovely-looking EP Custom.
    Attached Images Attached Images (PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-img_8025-scaled-jpg (PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-img_8031-scaled-jpg (PRICE DROP to ,700) Campellone Deluxe w/Dearmond p/u (Blonde 2005)......-img_8041-scaled-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DMgolf66
    Hey Folks, I am sadly selling my Campellone Deluxe in an effort to scale down to just a few guitars ... I will also accept partial trades for sealed/unopened bottles of vintage spirits. The list is too long, so let me know what you have......ya never know.
    Having lived according to the adage "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me ...[you know the rest]," I have only one unopened bottle of vintage spirits, which isn't close enough to get me there. Such a lovely guitar!

User Info Menu

My lord, that is a beauty. My guess is that his waiting list is longer than my years on this planet. Now that's a cheery thought for the day. Thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ewall
    This is a 17"? Man, I wish Mark made the EP series again.
    Yes, sir! It's a 17 inch.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Having lived according to the adage "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me ...[you know the rest]," I have only one unopened bottle of vintage spirits, which isn't close enough to get me there. Such a lovely guitar!
    A partial trade then!!!

User Info Menu

One and only Price Drop:
    $4,950

User Info Menu

it's a pretty good deal especially w/that pickup, not many in gold floating around [no pun intended]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    it's a pretty good deal especially w/that pickup, not many in gold floating around [no pun intended]
    Thanks, I think the deal is hotter than a $2 pistol, but maybe im biased.

User Info Menu

A partial trade then!!!
    Noted!

User Info Menu

Now listed on Reverb

User Info Menu

One and only Price Drop:
    $4,950
    I lied, I'm dropping price once again.
    Price is $4,700 (after any fees) includes shipping CONUS

User Info Menu

Bumping to the top.

User Info Menu

Wow, another bump needed

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    My guess is that Mark would be happy to make you an EP. He recently made a very lovely-looking EP Custom.
    Holy moly that is gorgeous !

User Info Menu

V. cool blonde Campellone too!

User Info Menu

I’m very surprised, especially with that pickup, this Deluxe hasn’t sold. 10 years ago Deluxe’s were Campellone’s best selling instrument and best value on the used market. Today it’s very rare to even find one for sale because people are keeping them!

Be patient, this will sell.

User Info Menu

Just beautiful...just don't have a spare 5k...but that guitar is...dang.