The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Looking for a buy on a used Quilter 202 Tone Block in good condition. Upgrading from a 101. If you hear of any or come to know of any, please let me know. May have other equipment to trade or outright purchase.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Good luck for the quest! They are quite rare. I found my second one from Germany thru a Facebook group, although most of there is around US:
    Quilter Labs Used - Buying and Selling Group

User Info Menu

Thanks. You're right however sometimes you get lucky! There was one on an E bay auction last week but it was over $500 and climbing so I jumped off. I can get a new one for almost that much. I'm not in a hurry. By the way, what's the guitar you have posted on your account. Can't get a good blown up shot.

User Info Menu

Aren't these still in production?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Monkiewicz
    Thanks. You're right however sometimes you get lucky! There was one on an E bay auction last week but it was over $500 and climbing so I jumped off. I can get a new one for almost that much. I'm not in a hurry. By the way, what's the guitar you have posted on your account. Can't get a good blown up shot.
    Here in EU they cost new about 700€ so 500 for an used one is about 70% from the new one, quite normal second hand price.

The guitar is Gibson ES-175. Reissue of 1954 model from about 2010ish. Nice guitar!

Quilter 202 Tone Block-0c80d142-afd4-4720-a94c-976ce2b54521-jpeg

User Info Menu

Looks smaller than the original Es-175 which I owned many years ago. It also looks like it is equipped with a two single coil pick ups. Is that correct? I owned a 1961 model. Were there changes between 1954-61? Anyway I'll try to find one in the US but i imagine it's rare.

User Info Menu

Check on Reverb?

User Info Menu

I have been but I'll keep on looking. Thanks

User Info Menu

I have been but I'll keep on looking. Thanks
    [I linked one for sale .. What's your hopeful budget for a used one?]

User Info Menu

Looks smaller than the original Es-175 which I owned many years ago. It also looks like it is equipped with a two single coil pick ups. Is that correct? I owned a 1961 model. Were there changes between 1954-61? Anyway I'll try to find one in the US but i imagine it's rare.
    Hmm… it ain’t smaller, it is same size as any ES175 ever from the beginning in 1949 to the end in 2019.

The pickups in my 1954 reissue are P90 pickups, an unique Gibson single coil pickup from ’40s. It was replaced by humbuckers in 1957.

The P90 pickups started to be popular again in late ’90s especially in Les Pauls. Nowadays Gibson offers many P90 guitars – but in the ES-175s they put P90s only in small and rare series. Like this 1954 Reissue. It is crazy because many players dig the P90 sound and the prices of the original vintage versions are too high for a normal player.

The ES-175 had originally only one pickup. In 1953 Gibson started to make a double pickup version too, I think it was called at first ES-175D. When they stopped making ES-175s with only one pickup the D was dropped.