The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi Im selling a 1884 Ibanez FG100. It is also on ::

1984 Ibanez FG-100 Hollowbody Electric Guitar Natural w Case, I'm not in Japan! | eBay

Here is the description on ebay:

1984 Ibanez FG-100 Hollow body Electric Guitar Natural w Case, I'm not in Japan!!! U.S. seller
    I've owned this guitar for about 3 years. It is a really great jazz guitar. It's somewhat of a sleeper in the sense that it is not as well known as some of the other Ibanez models.

I think this model was one of Ibanez' first designs after the "lawsuit" models. It seems to be an 175 type guitar, (notice pick up placement.)

It sounds great. The neck is slim to medium feel, and plays very comfortably.

This is George Benson playing this model in 1986.
    (I have yet to find the button on the guitar that let's me play like him

I've used this guitar on gigs and it sounds great. I have a Ibanez GB200 that is my main guitar, but the I would feel comfortable using the FG100 as my main guitar. I just bought another Ibanez, a PM200 Pat Metheny model, and once again have too many guitars. I have read the Metheny model used the FG100 body as a starting point. This seems to be true as they are very similar. The picture in the case shows the guitar with Doug's plugs anti feedback inserts. They are not included with the sale

Cosmetically it is is in excellent shape. Very few dings etc. for it's age. The tailpiece has a tarnished spot. The swirls on the headstock are not as noticeable in person. I'm a player not a collector, so I won't attempt to find every imperfection as some of you will find things I missed.

The guitar was professionally set up with D'Addario Chromes 11-50. Shipping to continental U. S. only

I'd prefer to sell here and discount some of the ebay fees but I understand if you feel safer doing the sale there.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images 1984 Ibanez FG100 99.00 0 shipping-dsc03893-jpg 1984 Ibanez FG100 99.00 0 shipping-dsc03886-jpg 1984 Ibanez FG100 99.00 0 shipping-dsc03891-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

1884 was a hell of a year!

P.s it’s not an es-175 type guitar but a D’Aquisto type. Round cutaway, thinner body etc.. their previous guitars were Es-175 types.

The FG100 is actually the body of a JP-20 with a Gibson scale length.

Good solid guitars and still great value.
    All Ibanez 16” bodies post 1981 were based on the JP20 body. That includes the Metheny models and your Gb200!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Archie
    1884 was a hell of a year!

P.s it’s not an es-175 type guitar but a D’Aquisto type. Round cutaway, thinner body etc.. their previous guitars were Es-175 types.

The FG100 is actually the body of a JP-20 with a Gibson scale length.

Good solid guitars and still great value.
    All Ibanez 16” bodies post 1981 were based on the JP20 body. That includes the Metheny models and your Gb200!

Are you asking the same price here as you are on EBay?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tomvwash
    Are you asking the same price here as you are on EBay?
    The seller did say, "I'd prefer to sell here and discount some of the ebay fees but I understand if you feel safer doing the sale there." It would be nice to know how much of a discount is being offered. Also, close-up photos would be helpful (essential?) in assessing the condition of a 40-year-old archtop.

User Info Menu

Hi Guys

Thanks for the interest. I appreciate knowing more about the design concept of the guitar, thanks Archie!

Yes this is the price of the ebay listing. If you are serious about buying the guitar, message me and we can discuss a reasonable discount.

Jazzshrink if you think you would buy the guitar, I'd be glad to do more photos, and answer any and all questions.

The description is accurate. This guitar hasn't been played much over its life. I can't find a noticeable ding. There are swirl marks on the finish in spots, if you look closely. The pick guard has picking marks on it, fret wear is minimal.

I've been doing some sales on Reverb, but they are now adding tax to all purchases, and they are requiring tax info, where I will receive a 1099 for items sold there, so I'm not crazy about listing it there.

I just thought by posting here I might find someone who would really appreciate this guitar.

Please check my rating on ebay. Over 700 transactions 100% rating. I'm an honest person just trying to find the right buyer for this beautiful guitar.

User Info Menu

Sold

Wow it just sold on Ebay. Wasn't expecting that so quickly.
    Thanks for the opportunity to list it here.
    Looks like a great community filled with people who love jazz guitar.
    (I still play gigs and love jazz also)
    Best Wishes to all of you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Igurat
    Sold

Wow it just sold on Ebay. Wasn't expecting that so quickly.
    Thanks for the opportunity to list it here.
    Looks like a great community filled with people who love jazz guitar.
    (I still play gigs and love jazz also)
    Best Wishes to all of you
    Well done Igurat. It was fairly priced and had a good looking top. Not all of them do.

User Info Menu

Congratulations on selling your Ibanez FG-100. I must say I truly wanted that guitar. I must have checked it out a billion times (ok a million times) but I just couldn’t pull the trigger. It's just that it’s so very hard to buy a guitar without first playing it. Even though I’ve done it several times, and only once was i disappointed, and it was for a new guitar that I ordered. Oh well…I’ll grow a pair and perhaps another will come up soon and hopefully it will work out for me.

Saludos,
    Benson

User Info Menu

Thanks Archie!

Benson, I've found Ibanez guitars to be very consistent, quality wise. They are not status guitars compared with all the beautiful handmade archtops out there these days, but they work well for my particular playing style. When you look at their endorsers, Metheny, Benson, Scofield, and great rock guitarists, they are doing something right. I also understand others will have different taste. There are many great guitars to choose from.

If you feel comfortable with the person selling's description, I always ask a lot of questions etc., you will receive a nice guitar that you will either like or not. If not, there is always the For Sale section here

Best wishes

Mike