The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

SOLD

Edit: Forgot price: $325 shipped.

Selling my custom MJT Telecaster body I ordered in January and received in July. It's a great body but I am leaning more towards a natural build with oil finish so this no longer meets my needs. My specifications to MJT were as such:
    -Alder
    -Desert Sand finish closet clean/light relic
    -Slab body with no arm/belly/neck heel contours
    -Universal neck pickup routing which can accept a standard tele pickup, humbucker, or P90

The body is great, and MJT nailed the finish i specified given the photo I gave them (inspiration pic is the last pic). It's a very beautiful body w/ a smooth nitro finish. Weight is 4.4lbs as seen in the neck pocket.
    There are a couple dings on the body. Some from MJT but some from general handling. I don't see this as a huge deal as many people order these bodies with very heavy relicing.
    Please note that I did install my own hardware and tried my best to line everything up as well as I could. As with any "partscaster" some fitting may be required but not too much, everything should be pretty spot on or at least fairly close. This should make installation of your own hardware fairly easy.
    The inside of the body is shielded with copper tape and I have some ground wires which would go to the control panel so the guitar will be nice and quiet. The string ferrules in the back are left as is as I did not want to take them out - they are in there pretty good!
    Please study the photos carefully - if you need more I will provide them. MJT bodies are not perfect and they advertise them that way so please keep that in mind.

Cross-posted on Reverb.
    Last edited by chris32895; 11-03-2023 at 05:32 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

MJT USA VTT Telecaster Tele Body - Desert Sand-20230927_100149-jpgMJT USA VTT Telecaster Tele Body - Desert Sand-20230927_100053-jpgMJT USA VTT Telecaster Tele Body - Desert Sand-20230927_100041-jpg

Not going to clutter the post with tons of pics. I have more and can give them on request.

User Info Menu

Body wood? I'm a big fan of MJT bodies and have used a few dozen of them. Nice shielding job!

Alder

Price drop - $380 shipped

Price dropped again lol. $350

Bump

Price drop, $325

User Info Menu

I've had a couple of MJT bodies, including a tele I recently picked up from Hammertone. They're really nice. Good luck with this sale.

Bumpy bump

Anotha price drop - $315 now

Sold