The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi all,

Probably now 20 years ago, I first came across Chris Siegmund’s work on the internet, and ever since that time I’ve been captivated by the acoustic archtop he had advertised on his website.

I have not actually seen one in the wild in all these years. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about them or if anyone has actually played one!

Thanks.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thought I’d give this a quick bump

User Info Menu

You’re talking the dinosaur era internet right… ca. mid 1990s ? I remember a very elaborate blonde curvy archtop with carved rope-type binding, is that the one you mean ?

Chris Siegmund acoustic archtop?-img_8804-jpegChris Siegmund acoustic archtop?-img_8803-jpeg
    Last edited by fws6; 11-12-2023 at 07:12 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fws6
    You’re talking the dinosaur era internet right… ca. mid 1990s ? I remember a very elaborate blonde curvy archtop with carved rope-type binding, is that the one you mean ?

Chris Siegmund acoustic archtop?-img_8804-jpegChris Siegmund acoustic archtop?-img_8803-jpeg
    yes! That’s the one. Been trying to unearth those things that were out of reach 20+ years ago.

User Info Menu

IIRC he used to advertise in Vintage Guitar magazine as well. I visited his booth at a guitar show in Pomona in the late 90's. Played a couple of his guitars and remember being totally unimpressed. They were too heavy and dull sounding.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SierraTango
    IIRC he used to advertise in Vintage Guitar magazine as well. I visited his booth at a guitar show in Pomona in the late 90's. Played a couple of his guitars and remember being totally unimpressed. They were too heavy and dull sounding.
    I would still love to see and play one!

User Info Menu

DLQ I sent you a pm, check your in inbox, hope you can get further in your quest

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fws6
    DLQ I sent you a pm, check your in inbox, hope you can get further in your quest
    thank you!