The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Up for sale is my 17" Augusta, built by Stefan Sonntag, Augsburg (Germany).
    Stefan is a master luthier who is specialized in Archtops.

This guitar was my long year workhorse, but now I play more and more 16" guitars which feel more comfortable for my size. Hence, that brilliant guitar needs a new owner who will play it again regularly.

The guitar was built by Stefan Sonntag in 2006. The guitar is built from solid wood as an eletrical version, i.e. top and back are built thicker to give the guitar a good electrical tone and also for more resistance against feedback.
    The guitar has an excellent strong archtop tone over the amp, but also acoustically. The sound could be described as "modern", it is more 'airy' than that typical L5 tone. I played it with TI 12s rounds with an extra wound g-string.
    Who is playing more electrical than acoustically, that guitar suits your needs better than the acoustic version of Stefan's guitars.

Top is solid spruce, back and sides are from solid maple. Maple neck with an ebony fretboard.
    Scale length is 65 cm, saddle width is 44.5 mm.
    Pickup is a Gibson 57 classic.

The guitar is in excellent condition, however there are few dings and dongs which I tried to capture on the pics.

The guitar comes with a Hiscox case and with f-hole dampers which are very useful for loud stages or when you have to sit close to your amp.

I will let it go for 4,300 Euro. Shipping costs to be added at actual cost.
    (The current price for a new one including case and dampers will be approx. 7,000 Euro and over one year on the waiting list)

I will be open for any questions. Thanks for your interest.

Sorry for the 'horizontal' pics. Don't know how to rotate here.
    Attached Images Attached Images Stefan Sonntag 17" Augusta-gesamt-kl-jpg Stefan Sonntag 17" Augusta-front-kl-jpg Stefan Sonntag 17" Augusta-hinten-kl-jpg Stefan Sonntag 17" Augusta-seite-1-kl-jpg Stefan Sonntag 17" Augusta-seite-2-kl-jpg Stefan Sonntag 17" Augusta-kopfplatte-kl-jpg Stefan Sonntag 17" Augusta-kopf-detail-kl-jpg Stefan Sonntag 17" Augusta-ding-kl-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Additional pics
    Attached Images Attached Images Stefan Sonntag 17" Augusta-gitarre-koffer-kl-jpg Stefan Sonntag 17" Augusta-dämpfer-jpg Stefan Sonntag 17" Augusta-bünde-jpg 

User Info Menu

Sold.