The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You know, a great guitar at a “too good to be true price”.

One Wes L5 was listed for around $4,500. The text stated priced was lowed to $7,500 which is lowest it could go. The first paragraph stated something like “edit….” Then info about picking up local or arrange international shipping”

Second listing is for a lefty natural Wes L5 for about $7,500. This same guitar (same pictures) sold 24 days ago for $12,500. This listing has the same “edit…” opening paragraph about picking up local or international shipping.

Two different shop names, both opened this year (can only see year unfortunately).

Be careful.

Both are no longer showing in my Reverb search for L5s. Must have been flagged.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Good tip.
    Scammers are everywhere, so also on Reverb. What I do is ask for a picture that only the owner of the guitar can make. A specific angle, or a detail, a picture laying the guitar on todays newpaper.

User Info Menu

Reverb is loaded with scam listings. Typically the seller is outside of the US, has no feedback, and almost always only takes PayPal. The price is most often a bit below current market. I’ve seen scam listings show up with my photos and description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRhythmMan
    Reverb is loaded with scam listings. Typically the seller is outside of the US, has no feedback, and almost always only takes PayPal. The price is most often a bit below current market. I’ve seen scam listings show up with my photos and description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm noticing the same--a lot more often now-pictures of guitars that I had already purchased, or my own (already sold) guitars. Always from outside US, low price, and no seller feedback. I flag them, and the the only positive here is that the disappear within a minute.

A 3rd L5 was removed last night as well. Cherry red L5 Wes. The write up didn’t include the same “edit….” With shipping info and read legit though the store recently opened with the price listed at $6,500.

It seems these 3 “scam” listing wee all posted with 2 hours of each other.