The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 22 of 22

User Info Menu

I’m selling this likely one-off Super 400 for a friend of mine who needs to raise funds because of an unexpected health issue. We are trying to get him at least $14.5k after any fees (none of the proceeds this sale will go to me), so it can be had for that in cash. I’ll cover shipping out of my pocket.

It’s a really exceptional guitar in more ways than just looks. Please check it out and send any questions my way.

2002 Gibson Custom Shop Super 400 CES Thinline Special Order - Near Mint | thatrhythmman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ThatRhythmMan; 09-26-2023 at 09:24 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Gosh my dream guitar. Getting the OK from my ball buster wife is a big LOL…..

User Info Menu

No Cupid’s bow.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    No Cupid’s bow.
    Much like this 2003 Super 400 I sold a few years ago.

User Info Menu

Another interesting feature of this 2002, unusual for a set pickup version is that it’s x-braced.

User Info Menu

I wonder if the X bracing is different than if it didnt have a pickup...? And what would be the advantage over parallel and does it have something to do with the depth
    nice friggin guitar!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Gosh my dream guitar. Getting the OK from my ball buster wife is a big LOL…..
    Vin.. This is the one..
    Just like you cant hit a guy wearing glasses, she would NOT frying pan you while you are wearing all that equipment at the very moment.
    My Goodness, that is perfection. A Super400 without all that extra iron on it.
    Bro I think You and Chuck need to have a conversation.
    JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Vin.. This is the one..
    Just like you cant hit a guy wearing glasses, she would NOT frying pan you while you are wearing all that equipment at the very moment.
    My Goodness, that is perfection. A Super400 without all that extra iron on it.
    Bro I think You and Chuck need to have a conversation.
    JD
    I want it but don’t want to be turned into a soprano singer.
    Another Lorraine Bobbit story on the news……LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRhythmMan
    I’m selling this likely one-off Super 400 for a friend of mine who needs to raise funds because of an unexpected health issue. We are trying to get him at least 16k after any fees (none of the proceeds this sale will go to me), so it can be had for that in cash. I’ll cover shipping out of my pocket.

It’s a really exceptional guitar in more ways than just looks. Please check it out and send any questions my way.

2002 Gibson Custom Shop Super 400 CES Thinline Special Order - Near Mint | thatrhythmman

Lovely guitar, acc to site policy, mentioning a price is mandatoy, goes for all of us.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hotpepper01
    Lovely guitar, acc to site policy, mentioning a price is mandatoy, goes for all of us.
    There is a price in the original post, but there's no dollar sign.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    There is a price in the original post, but there's no dollar sign.
    Dollar sign added and it’s USD.

User Info Menu

Chuck much staining from the CC case ?
    When that green felt turns to rust color that means color bleed.
    All CC cases seem to cause some amount of staining.

side pics please ?

Any chance of partial trades + cash with other very high end archtops or is this a cash only sale ?

User Info Menu

side pics please ?

Any chance of partial trades + cash with other very high end archtops or is this a cash only sale ?
    No discoloration to my eye, but I can’t see the lightest shades of green.

User Info Menu

side pics please ?

I was wondering the same. My CC case trauma continues, but the side pics look fine!

User Info Menu

side pics please ?

Concerning your other question, I could consider working something out, but I would really prefer the bulk be in cash. Anything beyond the cash amount would need to come out of pocket from me until I could sell the trade.

User Info Menu

Can someone contrast tone/sound (most importantly plugged in) to Super 400CES?
    Last edited by jhbpa; 08-02-2023 at 03:50 PM.

User Info Menu

If we can get 15k to him he would be happy with that. Costs for the healthcare needs are starting to happen and he needs to close the gaps.

User Info Menu

Make that $14.5k net to him. Again, nothing goes to me and I will cover shipping almost anywhere in the world.

User Info Menu

I’m selling this likely one-off Super 400 for a friend of mine who needs to raise funds because of an unexpected health issue. We are trying to get him at least $14.5k after any fees (none of the proceeds this sale will go to me), so it can be had for that in cash. I’ll cover shipping out of my pocket.
    Just a question of curiosity: is the volume controlled by a slider - or what is it that i see on the lower side of the PG?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNote
    Just a question of curiosity: is the volume controlled by a slider - or what is it that i see on the lower side of the PG?
    Yes, that is exactly what you’re seeing there. There is a slider volume control mounted under the pickguard.

User Info Menu

Make that $14.5k net to him. Again, nothing goes to me and I will cover shipping almost anywhere in the world.

tempting

User Info Menu

Just giving this a bump.