The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31
    Quote Originally Posted by jim232777
    Oh, well. Better for my bank account. I do enjoy my Godin, but keep getting drawn to the idea of a carved construction (or at least top). That and I wish I had a cutaway. I was a little worried I would be uncomfortable with the 17" body anyway.

Have a great 2023!
    Thank you, same to you Jim! That was an exceptional buy on that guitar. But I enjoy paying it forward.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    I had the same conversation with Kent a few years ago about the Asian-made pickups; he said they are hand-wound by a guy in Korea using the same designs and materials, plus Kent trained the guy on how to make the pickups. He thought they would be indistinguishable from the pickups he winds here in the States, in a blindfold comparison.
    He popped in on a thread here as well and said the same thing. FWIW, I have the Korean-made HPAG-1’s in my semi-hollow. I like them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Sorry, sold to a local buyer via Craigslist.
    That’d be me! Couldn’t be happier with the guitar; it’s exceeded all expectations so far. And Greg has been a great guy guy to work with - thanks again, Greg.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by metis
    That’d be me! Couldn’t be happier with the guitar; it’s exceeded all expectations so far. And Greg has been a great guy guy to work with - thanks again, Greg.
    Congrats, metis! <slightly envious>

I would love to try one of those mahogany guitars from the 600 series, but they're few and far between used, and I don't have the cash for what I find them listed for new. Looks like I'll have to opt for a maple 805. Significantly more common.

Also, looks like a welcome to the forum is in order?

Quote Originally Posted by metis
    metis, you’re absolutely welcome! It was a pleasure to meet another forum member locally. Welcome to THE jazz guitar forum!

User Info Menu

@metis: how are you enjoying your AR610ce? I got mine new back in May, and I’m still in the “oh my god this is stunning” phase. It looks very much like yours, but with ebony appointments instead of rosewood. With the exception of perhaps a handful of days, I’ve played this thing for an hour or more daily since receiving it. Sounds great in every context.