The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatRhythmMan
    Looks like Eric Schoenberg has a 1971 Super 400CES and he’s asking less than 10k for it.

Gibson Super 400 CESN Full Body Electric Guitar, circa 1971 | om28.com
    Nice lead. Thank you!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tomvwash
    Nice lead. Thank you!
    It is a nice blond guitar but still in my world it is not worth more than $9k and possible $86-8700. If I wanted it that might be my best offer. Since the guitar is not posted here and I have nothing to do with it that is why I posted opinion on it price. Normally if someone post something here for sale with a price I do not comment if I think it is way off too high. But on someone else's it is open game.

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    It is a nice blond guitar but still in my world it is not worth more than $9k and possible $86-8700. If I wanted it that might be my best offer. Since the guitar is not posted here and I have nothing to do with it that is why I posted opinion on it price. Normally if someone post something here for sale with a price I do not comment if I think it is way off too high. But on someone else's it is open game.
    Agreed. Not fetching that one. Working out a price from now from my OP.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    Eric will negotiate.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRhythmMan
    Looks like Eric Schoenberg has a 1971 Super 400CES and he’s asking less than 10k for it.

Gibson Super 400 CESN Full Body Electric Guitar, circa 1971 | om28.com
    Checking doesn't bother me and to me it adds character in most cases, but the back of that headstock is really severe to the point where it looks like it might chip off @ some point. (correction, in blowing up the pic it's already chipped off in spots)
    one more thing, judging from the bad outgassing of the guard that discolored the top I'd bet dollars to donuts the pickup covers have been changed, they're way too pristine looking....

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Checking doesn't bother me and to me it adds character in most cases, but the back of that headstock is really severe to the point where it looks like it might chip off @ some point. (correction, in blowing up the pic it's already chipped off in spots)
    one more thing, judging from the bad outgassing of the guard that discolored the top I'd bet dollars to donuts the pickup covers have been changed, they're way too pristine looking....
    Correct. I purchased the 2015 from Panther Guitars early today. Pay pal fiasco--Friends v. biz payment-but it's on its way. Thanks to all for prior advice and perspective.