The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Has anyone been able to successfully use the Boss Tone Studio with Windows 11? I get the follow error. I believe I have the most current driver installed.

Help (please): Boss Tone Studio, GT-001, and Windows 11-boss-tone-studio-error-win11-png

Thanks,
    Joe

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Joe,

I have had the same issue with the Boss katana 50MK2 amp using Tone Studio with Windows 11. I updated the amp’s firmware too but I get the same Device Not Found. I can get the computer to recognize the Katana as USB devise. I wonder if the problem is with the newer driver? I got it work a few months ago but now I have the same issue. Donn

User Info Menu

Here is a link that lists quite a few approaches to take.
    Make sure you have a good backup before doing anything else.
    A restore point and registry backup would also be nice, just in case.
    Actual issue could be any one issue or any number of issues.
    Proceed carefully and you should be fine.
    But if you are hesitant or feeling overwhelmed at all, it might be a good idea to take the PC to a qualified tech and get the issue resolved.
    Could be expensive up front, but maybe cost less in the long run. The old 'pay me now or pay me later' concept.

Redirecting

A search with terms like "usb-device-not-recognized" or "usb-device-not-recognized in Windows 11" yields numerous of YT videos, some of which
    are good. As always proceed at your own risk.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by losaltosjoe View Post
    Has anyone been able to successfully use the Boss Tone Studio with Windows 11? I get the follow error. I believe I have the most current driver installed.

Help (please): Boss Tone Studio, GT-001, and Windows 11-boss-tone-studio-error-win11-png

Thanks,
    Joe
    I've had a similar problem with my GT-001 and not been able to connect. I've only used it without accessing the Tone Studio recently but checked mine once I'd seen this thread on the forum. I tried uninstalling the Tone Studio and reinstalling it but there was a download error when I tried to reinstall it. I put a support ticket into Roland at https://www.roland.com/backstage
    I got a reply to update Adobe Air which older versions of Tone Studio use. This allowed me to reinstall Tone Studio but it still doesn't connect. I've replied to ask for further assistance. It might be worth putting in your own support ticket to Roland.

User Info Menu

I had the same problem with the GT1. Tried everything i could find on the net, and the best i could do was to have Windows see it after a special reboot, (so i loaded some sounds) and never again. I gave up since i only used a few sounds i created. The others GT100 and GT1000 don't have that problem..

Quote Originally Posted by gps View Post
    I've had a similar problem with my GT-001 and not been able to connect. I've only used it without accessing the Tone Studio recently but checked mine once I'd seen this thread on the forum. I tried uninstalling the Tone Studio and reinstalling it but there was a download error when I tried to reinstall it. I put a support ticket into Roland at https://www.roland.com/backstage
    I got a reply to update Adobe Air which older versions of Tone Studio use. This allowed me to reinstall Tone Studio but it still doesn't connect. I've replied to ask for further assistance. It might be worth putting in your own support ticket to Roland.
    Thanks for the link to roland.com/backstage. I have submitted a ticket. Regards, Joe

User Info Menu

Hi
    I just found from a search on line that if you go to your microphone settings and activate "Let apps access your microphone" this allows the GT to connect to the Boss Tone Studio

Good news. I now have my Boss GT-001 (Guitar Effects Processor) and Boss Tone Studio working in Windows 11.

I tried many things, e.g., installing what I believe is the latest driver and confirming that the 'Let apps access your microphone' setting in the Microphone settings was turned on. Here is the error message that led me to a solution.

Help (please): Boss Tone Studio, GT-001, and Windows 11-gt100-driver-error-png

Via Google, I learned: 'You are receiving this message because the Memory Integrity setting in Windows Security is preventing a driver from loading on your device. Here are a few options you can try if you want to be able to use this driver:
    To turn off the memory Integrity setting
    Go to the Core isolation page in Windows Security.
    Turn the Memory Integrity setting Off if it isn’t already. You'll need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.'

After turning off the Memory Integrity setting, accepting the associated risks, and rebooting my computer, I successfully opened Boss Tone Studio. I can also now use the GT-001 as an input device with BIAB/RealBand 2023.

Please reach out if I can be of assistance. Thanks for all of your help!
    Joe