The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anyone thoughts on upgrade? I rely on ireal more for convenience, but wondering if any biab users think this one is compelling? TIA

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I guess it depends on what you want to use it for. I've bought the new version every year for the past 10 years or so, but I'm skipping 2024 and have stopped tracking all the new features, etc. The only thing I use BIAB for is making backing tracks and for my needs it's completely adequate as is.

If you are recording and/or transferring BIAB tracks to a DAW there may be useful new features that make buying the upgrade worthwhile.

tnx Tim, this was my thinking as well. There are times i've automatically upgraded and rarely used biab, so i've been skipping as well. I read somewhere that we do well to mark boxes, clothing, etc with a date, + if they haven't been used in a year, it's time to donate. Wonder if i'd be able to that with guitars....

User Info Menu

I’m still using BIAB 2011 (with real tracks) on windows 10, still works ok!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stringmann
    tnx Tim, this was my thinking as well. There are times i've automatically upgraded and rarely used biab, so i've been skipping as well. I read somewhere that we do well to mark boxes, clothing, etc with a date, + if they haven't been used in a year, it's time to donate. Wonder if i'd be able to that with guitars....
    Yes, the main reason I upgraded was to get the new RealTracks (the yearly barrage of superfluous new "features" was mostly an annoyance). So I dutifully reinstalled the program each year until last year, when I realized it then had all the tracks and features I really needed. Great program!

User Info Menu

I skipped the last three years upgrading, but felt a some of the new features and the end of year half price special were too tempting to pass up.