The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

Last edited by emanresu; 08-10-2023 at 11:01 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

A readme wouldn’t hurt

User Info Menu

Also none of the parameters seem to do anything.

User Info Menu

I agree

Made a little update. ctrl+r to reload, othewise it loads from cache.

It's not for showing anything off at the moment. And there's actually not much to show - just
    a very standard fingerboard editor. But if you have been missing a function from other such
    apps, now is the time to let me know.. I want to get finished with it asap. Hopefully will be ready
    within 10 days.

edit: first select notes that are to be painted somehow, then shape: other than "none". then move a slider. things are gonna happen then.

Well, check it out. It's almost done.. except a few bugs and missing presets.

Does the user interface it make sense, or is annoying somehow?

User Info Menu

I get the feeling you're a budding software engineer working on projects for school or maybe as a hobby.

My high level recommendation is to write a readme that clearly states the purpose of the software and provides a couple of tutorials. I think you're trying to get people to test out a tool. Nothing in the UX explains what the tool is for or how it's used. I tried using it but can't figure anything out about it and none of the parameters seem to do anything to the image.

I'm not a designer, so I can't give feedback on the layout but as a user I can remark it has a hell of a lot a buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    I get the feeling you're a budding software engineer working on projects for school or maybe as a hobby.
    I hate coding. But need a few things for myself. This one I needed just to hilight different stuff in a scale + the easy on the eye format.
    Over 100 hours spent already. Making it public is a theoretical vanity bonus.

It's done and done. Added some info and also a download link for the thing.

Of course, I'll find a bug or two 3 minutes after posting here.

Anyway, back to practicing at last.

Happy mapping.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu
    It's done and done. Added some info and also a download link for the thing.

Of course, I'll find a bug or two 3 minutes after posting here.

Anyway, back to practicing at last.

Happy mapping.
    I don't see anything in this thread that points to it... Where is it?

Hm, I edited the OP and probably the update takes a bit time.. who knows. But the link is here:
    Fingerboard mapper 2000 ULTRA Turbo plus

User Info Menu

I like it.
    The "Degrees" section takes a moment to see what the one/some and all/none functions do, as well as "flip" which is very cool. Is there a way to clear the finger board in the degrees section? I'm going back to where its assigned to the el guitar layout and then returning to the degree section...
    Only thing I would suggest (unless it's already there and I'm not finding it yet) is that the new selected notes in the finger board might use a transparent color or color border or something so the note letter name shows through?

Quote Originally Posted by pauln
    I like it.
    The "Degrees" section takes a moment to see what the one/some and all/none functions do, as well as "flip" which is very cool. Is there a way to clear the finger board in the degrees section? I'm going back to where its assigned to the el guitar layout and then returning to the degree section...
    Only thing I would suggest (unless it's already there and I'm not finding it yet) is that the new selected notes in the finger board might use a transparent color or color border or something so the note letter name shows through?
    Yeah, select all, and there is "clear selected" button.

About hinting newly selected notes - it would add another layer of logic(human side too) and could make it more complicated than it'd be worth.
    I know what you mean and have considered it already. Seeing a newly selected note is one button-click away at the moment. Needs a bit to get used to but is not a huge nuisance I hope.

edit: might reconsider of course. oh. i'll add an option for it to apply/clear when the selection note gets clicked.. tomorrow.

Done
    ctrl+r to reload skipping browser's cache.