The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

My favorite gypsy jazz player.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Amazing! I have some very old vinyl records by Bolou Ferre and to see him in a recent video is a great pleasure. Boulou is an extraordinary guitar player and a true Artist. Amazing technique and wonderful feeling. I'm sure that Django is very proud of him.

Ettore

User Info Menu

He really transcends the whole "gypsy jazz" thing. A brilliant improvisor.

User Info Menu

I have been fortunate to have seen Boulou and his brother Elios in the UK a few times. True masters of the guitar.
    I also have a few of their vinyls which I got in the early 90s. It wasn't easy to acquire that stuff back then.

Mr.Boulou Ferre follows his own muse in gypsy jazz genre. A unique and gifted talent. Here is a clip you may like. It’s in a bar, after hours, Boulou and Stochelo Rosenberg have a nice, quiet jam.

If you enjoy the genre, another fine guitarist relatively new to the scene is Sebastian Giniaux. He plays many more genres of music besides gypsy jazz. A talented musician.

Inspired music and playing.

Can’t argue with that statement. I agree.

They are both talented musicians. Their dad and uncle were pretty good also.

Boulou, Elios, dad Matelo, and family playing. 1970’s

User Info Menu

I had the brothers' duo album on Steeplechase years ago. Boulou and Elios were and are amazing. Boulou plays with such drive and attack.

User Info Menu

I bought my Favino having heard and seen Boulou and Elios.
    Not easy to source in the UK back then. It was advertised in the 'Banjo Broadsheet' which was a monthly issue of 4 or 5 typed and photocopied A4 sheets stapled together!! My friend subscribed - he was Tenor banjo player in a band we were in. I was on DB.Boulou Ferre solo performance-favino-front-2-jpgBoulou Ferre solo performance-favino-front-2-jpgSorry downloaded pic twice.

Quote Originally Posted by garybaldy View Post
    I bought my Favino having heard and seen Boulou and Elios.
    Not easy to source in the UK back then. It was advertised in the 'Banjo Broadsheet' which was a monthly issue of 4 or 5 typed and photocopied A4 sheets stapled together!! My friend subscribed - he was Tenor banjo player in a band we were in. I was on DB.Boulou Ferre solo performance-favino-front-2-jpgBoulou Ferre solo performance-favino-front-2-jpgSorry downloaded pic twice.
    No need to apologize. A well played, great looking Favino deserves a double look. Looks like a keeper.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened Rogue View Post
    No need to apologize. A well played, great looking Favino deserves a double look. Looks like a keeper.
    Thanks. I've no intention to sell it. I should play it more!!