The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Can a vocalist be in our 'player' category ? Never heard of her at all, and wondering whether anyone here knows this Montreal-resident singer ? She has some YT vids w/ some accompanied by guitarists. Young effortless * good * jazz voice.

Anyway here she is doing one song reminding me of Johnny Smith,

And one reminding me of Kenny Burrell -

Enjoy !

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

She's remarkable. It's lovely that she seems to enjoy singing with a guitarist – and she seems to find a good number of really excellent ones.

Her voice reminds me of Ella's – kind of smoky at the bottom, but clear as a bell up top. And like Ella, she sounds like she was born to sing.

User Info Menu

I enjoyed this very much, thank you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ukena
    She's remarkable. It's lovely that she seems to enjoy singing with a guitarist – and she seems to find a good number of really excellent ones.

Her voice reminds me of Ella's – kind of smoky at the bottom, but clear as a bell up top. And like Ella, she sounds like she was born to sing.

Good ear ! I noticed the low end character of her voice too. Then I noticed what must be her breathing technique. Maybe a voice teacher here can explain how her throat shows almost no effort when she's singing. She's obviously studied - I know she teaches voice too.

Lots of luck to her !
    Last edited by Dennis D; 04-04-2024 at 07:59 AM.

User Info Menu

Amen !

User Info Menu

One more…

User Info Menu

Just lovely!!

Thanks for posting.

Tony D.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cordalis
    One more…
    Kreisberg is a monster. Incredible. Wonderful singing too. They form a good match!

User Info Menu

Very enjoyable jazz singing ... in tune, with feeling and character to the voice. I like that she, like many swing-era horn players - hits the note flat then brings in a warm vibrato. Glad younger folks relate to this music.
    Last edited by AndyV; 04-08-2024 at 01:13 PM.

User Info Menu

When I was music director for a small local jazz festival, pre-covid, I had booked her with Montreal guitarist Sam Kirmayer [who is also fabulous, btw] and she put on a great concert. She is indeed an excellent singer.

And if any of you don't know Sam, Sam Kirmayer

He's great as well. They have played together a number of times.

User Info Menu

This is a lovely performance too .... she's very open and natural-sounding.