The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

A concurrent thread (How the West was Swung) reminded me of a couple of guys I heard live at a local festival almost 10 years ago and bought an album of that turned out to be recorded in a (French) studio equipped exclusively with vintage equipment. The album isn't on YT but I did find this older live recording in a just-too-far-to-be-local club:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice! Rock-a-Guillame?

I missed Brian Setzer when he was in Omaha about 3 weeks before. I saw his Christmas show a few years ago--great performance!

He will be touring with the Stray Cats this fall and will try to catch them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Nice! Rock-a-Guillame?
    Heh, almost, probably more Roc-a-Guillaumet (or Guillemette if Billy is supposed to be like Jean)

The Stray Cats are another level of course, a couple of years ago their full concert that the 1981 Montreux festival was still online on YT ... wow!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    A concurrent thread (How the West was Swung) reminded me of a couple of guys I heard live at a local festival almost 10 years ago and bought an album of that turned out to be recorded in a (French) studio equipped exclusively with vintage equipment. The album isn't on YT but I did find this older live recording in a just-too-far-to-be-local club:

That's one of the best Gene Vincent tribute bands I've heard! The singer and the guitarist even look like Gene and Cliff. And the solos are note for note correct! Cool stuff, reminded me of Jeff Beck's tribute album Crazy Legs in the 90's, made me fall in love with rockabilly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hep To The Jive
    That's one of the best Gene Vincent tribute bands I've heard!
    Some more then!

Discogs - The Capitols - Styled and Wild

made me fall in love with rockabilly.
    I think for me it's the Stray Cats who did that, and then much later, a 2-man "band" performing during one of the few motorcycling events I ever went to (singer/guitarist with a great slap-bassist).

But I see my memory was off about the festival I mentioned: it was actually not a music but a cars festival - and it's taking place again next month
    Rock n'roads - American Cars Festival