Title says it all…anybody know?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looks like not.

SHOWS/ Pasquale Grasso

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    Looks like not.

SHOWS/ Pasquale Grasso
    thanks! A shame - I love the two of them together (and PG is so so good)

User Info Menu

Samara Joy changed her live band line-up in 2022 and has been using piano since.

Thanks David. I knew you would know

I’ll still go and see her but would be extra excited if PG was involved

I’d say Pasquale qualifies as a pianist, who just happens to use a guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EvansDrD
    Thanks David. I knew you would know

I’ll still go and see her but would be extra excited if PG was involved
    Highly recommend seeing her live! We saw her at the Barbican in November and am booked to see her at The Roundhouse next month.

Whereabouts are you in the UK? I hope to bring him back over later this year or early next year for some gigs.
    Last edited by David B; 03-14-2024 at 03:59 PM.

oh, that’s very exciting!

I’m in Manchester but would happily travel to London (I was away for the Ronnie Scott’s show)

I imagine there would be a strong enough showing in the North West to justify a date here

User Info Menu

Not trying to start trouble but I see managers/labels/sponsors influencing some decisions. Longer a while had some of the best players available including not just Pasquale but also Ben Paterson on piano and Ari Roland on bass. Last time I saw Samara she was touring with a far inferior group of younger musicians. Artistically the output has suffered. She’s a wonderful singer and has a vision, but I’m feeling unwanted forces creeping in. These are my opinions and others may disagree. Apologize if they offend anyone.

User Info Menu

She has toured with Emmet Cohen, who is the opposite of inferior. He can play, and so can the rest of his trio. I don't know who she is using now, though. From Emmet's website, he will be touring in the US while she is in Europe, so not him. Her website doesn't mention who is accompanying her.

User Info Menu

Sullivan Fortner was at the piano when I first saw her perform. I subsequently saw her with Pasquale. Both performances were outstanding. As much as I love Pasquale, I enjoyed the performance with piano more.

AKA

User Info Menu

Fortner is no slouch either.