The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

If he didn’t sing then I’d listen to him all day. Great music, great playing, great band, lovely sound. Can’t endure the singing though.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I like the singing, it's cool like Nat King Cole instead of corny like most guys Sinatra caricature.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I've grown to really love John's singing.

He's a complete entertainer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Yeah, I've grown to really love John's singing.

He's a complete entertainer.
    That's for sure. He knows how to connect with an audience.

User Info Menu

I'm fine with John's singing. And his playing is great.
    Very entertaining guy. Enjoyed his book "World on a String." Some funny stories in that one.

I love this version of "Too Close for Comfort" by Mel Torme. For me, he owned that tune.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I'm fine with John's singing. And his playing is great.
    Very entertaining guy.
    He’s a wonderful player and I have nothing but respect for him. He does what he wants to do and he does it on his terms. More power to him. He plays the music that I deeply love and I wish I could appreciate it more. I cannot help but hear a singer with limited range and wavering pitch. His heart’s in the right place and his vocal approach to the songs is spot-on, but whereas nature gave him a great talent with his hands it’s a different matter with his throat.

User Info Menu

Another one here who's more than happy to hear him sing! Probably revealing that, of the three CDs* I've bought so far this year, ond has been by John and one by his father. I love the way they play.

* Already more than I bought all of last year