The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm really enjoying John Coltrane's and the whole band's playing on this, such a strong melody on this tune.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GuyBoden
    I'm really enjoying John Coltrane's and the whole band's playing on this, such a strong melody on this tune.
    I love the whole album that that was originally on, Coltrane's Sound, which also has Equinox, 26-2, a great version of Body & Soul.

User Info Menu

Just a dumb question about this song's title -

I know this isn't the Bobby Vee song ( 2 different songs, 2 different composers ).
    But are there rules for or against duplicating song titles, even though melody and lyrics are obviously different ? This always made me wonder why this same-titled songs thing hasn't happened more often.

Curious, and thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    Just a dumb question about this song's title -

I know this isn't the Bobby Vee song ( 2 different songs, 2 different composers ).
    But are there rules for or against duplicating song titles, even though melody and lyrics are obviously different ? This always made me wonder why this same-titled songs thing hasn't happened more often.

Curious, and thanks.
    No, there are no such rules. There are many examples of different songs with the same title (try googling "different song same name"). Miles Davis even wrote two different tunes called Milestones.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    No, there are no such rules. There are many examples of different songs with the same title (try googling "different song same name"). Miles Davis even wrote two different tunes called Milestones.
    John Lewis wrote the original Milestones. One of the many tunes not composed by Miles in the '50s that bears his name - Solar, Dig, Out of the Blue, Four, Tune-Up, Serpent's Tooth, Blue in Green...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PMB
    John Lewis wrote the original Milestones. One of the many tunes not composed by Miles in the '50s that bears his name - Solar, Dig, Out of the Blue, Four, Tune-Up, Serpent's Tooth, Blue in Green...
    Lewis wrote the 1947 Milestones for Miles when he was playing with Bird. The 1958 composition Milestones was indeed written by Miles.

User Info Menu

The Night Has a Thousand Eyes is a poem by Francis William Bourdillon, published in 1887. It is also a novel by Cornell Woolrich, published under the pseudonym George Hopley in 1945. A film based on the novel was released in 1948, directed by John Farrow and starring Edward G. Robinson, Gail Russell and John Lund.